Unregistered, New User and Regular

G

I have read (and occasionally participated) in Scuttlebutt and other YBW forums over many months. Under the new format I have signed in as a user, and am curious to see my postings list me as a new user, while other contributors are shown as unregistered or regular. How long does it take to become regular? Do my contributions lack fibre? Would medication help? Is this important?

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Oh dear, I knew we would have fun with this one. The new system we've set up automatically assigns a status symbol to users according to the number of postings they manage to log. Unregistered won't happen any more because you cannot post without revealing yourself (if you know what I mean), but thereafter we enter a wonderful world where all things are possible.

People who have freshly registered were in danger of being called 'newbies', which I hated, so we've opted for the system to call you 'new user'. You'll quickly gravitate to 'regular', which is benign save for sounding faintly like a medical description. Beyond that I think I'd better not say for now.

However, all thoughts on what Scuttlebutt posters should become as and when they get really prolific would be fascinating and welcome. Cast your votes here and we'll take a look.

So, for now, sorry to those of you who have long used Scuttlebutt but only just registered and become young again; it's a swiftly passing fad that will be cured as soon as you post. But on the other hand, please be gentle with genuine new users...we are welcoming more all the time and hope, as expressed elsewhere, that this forum will run and run.

G

Kim - Thanx for your prompt and clear explanation. Pity you can't continue the metaphor already in this thread for naming prolific users and their postings - it would fit some perfectly. In the meantime I await my promotion to regularity in due course!

peterb

Visit site
Usernames

Kim
Is there any way by which we can change usernames? In the old Scuttlebutt we could use lower or upper case, as apparently we can now. But those of us who registered on your interim board which only accepted lower case seem to be stuck now.

G

Just three questions.

Firstly how do I change my user name (I did not choose it you did)

Secondly is it possible to get in through the back door any more so you get a full screen?

Lastly have you still got your Hilliard?

Oh and can I have a extra question how is the new Mini crew ?

Peter