Unlimited Greek Transit Log British Flag VAT paid

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Sue/Chris:

An update on my UTL saga - see my input above. I'm using an agent in the Preveza area. Customs have been very 'thorough' with their requirements but have today confirmed they will give me a UTL. UK resident, EU VAT paid in 1997, in EU on 31/12/20. I only bought the boat in December so collating the paperwork from previous sales since launch has taken me a while.

However currently they want a Greek residency card or Greek tax number (presumably for their form filling?) My agent said we can go get that when I get there. I think you need an address for that so presumably the agent will help with that too.

I think rules may evolve yet still, Chris would be able to provide the best advice on that. But at 100 euro + VAT I've found it helpful to have someone present my paperwork now giving me time to fill in the odd gaps rather than wait till I get there in June (hopefully).

Good luck.
Should be easy with EU27 vat paid. Its complete boll9cks that you need a tax number. But if you are trying g fir residency then it doesn't matter.

AADE will not answer any questions to me on documentation,.Challis required a EU27 yacht to provide proof of purchase, bank transfer.. what ingenious inventive buggers they are!

Saltydog461

Visit site
Should be easy with EU27 vat paid. Its complete boll9cks that you need a tax number. But if you are trying g fir residency then it doesn't matter.

AADE will not answer any questions to me on documentation,.Challis required a EU27 yacht to provide proof of purchase, bank transfer.. what ingenious inventive buggers they are!
Chris, just to be clear, I'm not applying for residency, I'll be subject to the 90/180 rule. Feels like never ending administrative quagmire. I'll get the number if they want me to if I can, agent coming with me to do it. Hopefully can use their address as sponsor or the yard address. Not a lot else I can do other than play along or hope they drop that bit of it. I'm sure my passport number for ID would be just as useful.

Last edited:

Sue Stafford

Visit site
Thanks Chris and Saltydog461. We are UK VAT paid but are part of a syndicate. We aren’t sure what the implications for syndicates are with the UTL, could you advise? On a separate note, just a word of thanks to this forum for all the top advice; it’s very much appreciated!

cynthia

Visit site
Chris, just to be clear, I'm not applying for residency, I'll be subject to the 90/180 rule. Feels like never ending administrative quagmire. I'll get the number if they want me to if I can, agent coming with me to do it. Hopefully can use their address as sponsor or the yard address. Not a lot else I can do other than play along or hope they drop that bit of it. I'm sure my passport number for ID would be just as useful.
Hi Saltydog461
Can you give me details of the agent you are using. I believe I‘m in a similar situation to you ie UK resident, subject to 90 day rule, boat EU VAT paid (purchased new in Spain in 2001) ,SSR registered, (not Part 1), not applying for residency, so someone who has successfully obtained an UTL would be useful to use in advance of my arrival at the end of May.
Thanks

Saltydog461

Visit site
Sue,

Friends of Lefkas fb group have a group thread where some syndicates comparing notes - not got far yet I don't think but you may look to join in the fun! By defiintion I assume all syndicate owners are in the UK and hence would need an agent or risk doing it all at the start pre launch and dealing with hiccups at the last moment.

I've just gone solo and left a syndicate last year. Sorry to say but if customs continue to be as strict as they have been so far with me then you would need every bill of sale from launch to date , all with clear boat identifier like HIN or engine number etc. My old syndicate will be strugging I think with that. Customs are going to be surprised when they see may 8-10 owners (shareholder and partner listed), all need ID etc so big admin issue at minimum.

I think port police had got to grips with syndicates through the old annual DEPKA stamps but customs are serarate and may need some learning curve to understand how syndicates operate. Many, I know, are old Greek charter boats and probably have never left Greek waters despite the current need to import them!

Saltydog461

Visit site
Hi Saltydog461
Can you give me details of the agent you are using. I believe I‘m in a similar situation to you ie UK resident, subject to 90 day rule, boat EU VAT paid (purchased new in Spain in 2001) ,SSR registered, (not Part 1), not applying for residency, so someone who has successfully obtained an UTL would be useful to use in advance of my arrival at the end of May.
Thanks

Using Sofia Gravani at prevezaall4yacht@gmail.com

Please mention my name re the referral - might but me some favour with all the pestering I've been doing the last month!

Sue Stafford

Visit site
Sue,

Friends of Lefkas fb group have a group thread where some syndicates comparing notes - not got far yet I don't think but you may look to join in the fun! By defiintion I assume all syndicate owners are in the UK and hence would need an agent or risk doing it all at the start pre launch and dealing with hiccups at the last moment.

I've just gone solo and left a syndicate last year. Sorry to say but if customs continue to be as strict as they have been so far with me then you would need every bill of sale from launch to date , all with clear boat identifier like HIN or engine number etc. My old syndicate will be strugging I think with that. Customs are going to be surprised when they see may 8-10 owners (shareholder and partner listed), all need ID etc so big admin issue at minimum.

I think port police had got to grips with syndicates through the old annual DEPKA stamps but customs are serarate and may need some learning curve to understand how syndicates operate. Many, I know, are old Greek charter boats and probably have never left Greek waters despite the current need to import them!
Thanks SaltyDog461, I am on the FB Lefkas group already. Interesting to hear how people are getting on and so grateful for any advice at present.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Well ,I have to leave the port of lavrio on the 3rd ,no space on the charter boat Quay .So its my time to find out the situation ,I have tried to delay but its time to bite the bullet. Thousands wiped of the value ?

ASW11

Visit site
Well ,I have to leave the port of lavrio on the 3rd ,no space on the charter boat Quay .So its my time to find out the situation ,I have tried to delay but its time to bite the bullet. Thousands wiped of the value ?
I always found the PP and Customs friendly and helpful in Lavrion, so good luck and here's to hoping it hasn't changed! Where are you heading? The town quay in Lavrion?

Sue Stafford

Visit site
Hi Saltydog461
Thanks
Cynthia how did you get on with your UTL and Sonia? Thinking of doing the same. Cheers

Saltydog461

Visit site
Last I heard was there were more EU/AADE advice to customs pending from talks this week. I know some people from fb friends of Lefkas group who are arriving and going through the process in Preveza this week. Hopefully their experience will be fed back for those of us arriving in weeks to come. Fingers crossed.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Last I heard was there were more EU/AADE advice to customs pending from talks this week. I know some people from fb friends of Lefkas group who are arriving and going through the process in Preveza this week. Hopefully their experience will be fed back for those of us arriving in weeks to come. Fingers crossed.
Well, the AADE are taking their time. I would urge every one though just to hold their horses and NOT use an agent. Agents tend to play up to the situation, because it their job.
My belief is that there is no need for a TL on any sort to those long term in Greece. It's only when you return that the UTL raises it's head, and that should be dealt with in this complaint.

I am hoping that I will be able to get the AADE to brief their staff correctly. I am compiling a list of all the funny things they want us to do.... it's not going to make good reading.

Hols on, it will resolve shortly, and my bet is no TL.

Sue Stafford

Visit site
Well, the AADE are taking their time. I would urge every one though just to hold their horses and NOT use an agent. Agents tend to play up to the situation, because it their job.
My belief is that there is no need for a TL on any sort to those long term in Greece. It's only when you return that the UTL raises it's head, and that should be dealt with in this complaint.

I am hoping that I will be able to get the AADE to brief their staff correctly. I am compiling a list of all the funny things they want us to do.... it's not going to make good reading.

Hols on, it will resolve shortly, and my bet is no TL.
Thanks Chris so grateful you are keeping us informed. I’ve been getting so anxious about this whole situation and ?it will be resolved soon.