Under matress ventilation

Seajet

Visit site
Just prop up the mattress in the daytime with a locker top, tool such as a hacksaw, anything handy, removing it if someone needs to sit down there; not too difficult to sort !:rolleyes:

nedmin

Visit site
I use the reed type beach mats that you can get at the seaside.Never had a problem altho.I,ve got a proper matress.So cheap they are worth a try with foam matresses.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com

Boreades

Visit site
Thanks for mentioning that Airmat.

We bought a roll of blue mesh material from Dunelm Mill, from the fabrics department. We thought we'd just get enough for the forward cabin. It worked a treat, but by the time we'd thought to go back to Dunelm Mill and get some more, they'd stopped stocking it.

So for the aft cabin we'll probably try that Airmat material, but from a "caravan" supplier.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marine-Caravan-Cushioning-Hygenic-Coating/dp/B002F4LK4Y

D

Deleted member 36384

The thread is from 2011 folks. I wonder how these old threads come back to the top?

Modulation

Visit site
The problem is caused by warm damp air hitting an impervious cold surface- so condensation must occur. I cused my problem by fixing 50 mm insulation to the underside of the bunk support platform. That keeps the platform warm so I got no condensation this winter.