Typical

byron

RIP
Visit site
Well! The season is over, skies are grey, nights are drawing in I'm left all alone to clear up.
The Marquee has to be taken down, the contents hauled up and stored away in the Barn, the BBQs taken in, the picnic tables stored, the chairs too even the carpet has to be hauled away and put on the bonfire.
Where are all my fair weather friends when all this work needs doing?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
With all your generosity to the Oxford Ditch and the othe ATYC clubs that use your moorings I think it would be in order for you to have a beginning of season and end of season BBQ where they bring the booze and the nosh and they pitch in with the setting up and knocking down of the marquee etc.

That would be a really nice way of them saying thank you and also give you a couple of social events to add into the calendar.

Go for it.......you know you want to and it does make sense!

DWT

Visit site
Byron

This may be all too late, but if you still need some help with clearing up my father in law and brother in law are down this weekend. The forecast does not look to bad so I was thinking about taking them out on the boat, just the three of us, and I am sure they would enjoy helping out.

My brother in law is great at humping things around given clear instructions. My father in law is a bit beyond that now, but would enjoy keeping us supplied in tea and coffee and generally pottering around doing any odd bits and pieces.

We probably wouldn't get to you too early on Saturday as they are coming down to us from London and getting them organised can be a bit of a trial and I hope it would be ok for us to use your mooring overnight, but we could have a good run at things on the Sunday.

If it is already done or not convenient then no problem. We will be happy to stay at home and watch the England game instead.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Just seen your posting. Not sure I am going to be around myself on Sunday. We are still debating whether or not to go to the Upper Thames MYC sailpast on Sunday.

DWT

Visit site
Looks like we planned to go the wrong way. Shame as I could have been saved from the (usual) pain and frustration of watching England play. Perhaps I should become Scottish!

The weather was very kind and just the sort of day I would have loved to be on the river so more fool me I suppose. Sorry we have been unable to help with the clearing up.