Two Starting Locations?

Noddy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
and there's me never bin to University, just a poor old Cabinet Maker / Joiner by trade

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh that explains it. I remember some joints at university....

G

We know you did, poor lamb!..............

But you are grown up now, and should know better! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and there's me never bin to University, just a poor old Cabinet Maker / Joiner by trade

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh that explains it. I remember some joints at university....

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus was a Carpenter ya know................

Go on, ya can psychobabble that one........Looooooooaaaaaads a mileage! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

[ QUOTE ]
I only asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think it was a very good question to raise.
I also looked for some flexibility with regard to the finishing port, until it was pointed out to me that, in a sense, the Jester is a commemorative event ... at which point I fully accepted Ewen's 'rules'/'guidelines' (call 'em what you will ...).

So if I do take part in the Jester, I'll simply land a few miles further up the coast on Canadian soil in the full knowledge that doing so will automatically disqualify me. That would be an acceptable compromise.

Likewise, if anyone wants to start from somewhere else, there's really nothing to stop 'em. It would only ever become an issue if they were to come in first. And as that's as rare a possibility as I can possibly imagine for myself, it really doesn't feature.

Now coming in *last* - that's definitely possible.

Colin

G

[ QUOTE ]

Jesus was a Carpenter ya know................

[/ QUOTE ]

And there's me thinking that Karen's brother was called Richard ...

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jacarah

Visit site
Now I'm in a huff.......

OK. Plymouth it is then. But I'm not buying the drink. Dammit, the whole point of the Irish Sea start was to avoid the buying the drink. I'll just probably arrive minutes before the start instead. Or just after the bars close.

G

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Noddy

Visit site
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if I do take part in the Jester, I'll simply land a few miles further up the coast on Canadian soil in the full knowledge that doing so will automatically disqualify me. That would be an acceptable compromise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is it that you've done to upset the Americans Colin?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for upsetting Americans, so the question should be viewed as an opportunity to raise your status.

Note: with my navigation skills I will count myself lucky if I can hit America. So I may join you in Canada or indeed, France.

G

Hmmmmm. "The Jester" might just be a bit of a novel event come 2010..........

A bit like a fart in a collinder, by the looks of it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Superflid

Visit site
I might join in with the "revised" options, but start will be Boston, lincs - out to the far end of the Baltic and finish back in Boston - must be 3000 miles...

....oh, I'll be taking the missus as well.

Might go by plane..... that'd still count wouldn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

[ QUOTE ]

What is it that you've done to upset the Americans Colin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bin selling Stars 'n Stripes toilet paper at anti-war rallies ...

C

G

[ QUOTE ]
I might join in with the "revised" options, but start will be Boston, lincs - out to the far end of the Baltic and finish back in Boston - must be 3000 miles...

....oh, I'll be taking the missus as well.

Might go by plane..... that'd still count wouldn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well now with a few relatively minor modifications, you have the ideal boat for a "Jester", get some sea miles in, ya got loads of time afore the start, you could do the Stockholm Archipelago with ...............(looks about furtively)..........you know who, and there ya go, all set. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif