TWERP !

AuntyRinum

Visit site
Pahahahahaha, sorry I think I have just wet myself a little.

Visit the Medway , where Jetskis roam freely at 50 knots, Asshats pass moored boats just off the plane with a 3 foot wake, nobody has invested a penny in a hundred years and nobody polices the waterway. and the port authority couldn't give a toss. there is nowhere to go between Queenborough and Allington except sun pier (and you don't want to go there)....Other than that its lovely and i wouldn't be anywhere else ;);):cool:
Last time I went up there in a boat we had to run a gauntlet of teenagers shooting at ducks with air rifles.

oldgit

Visit site
Pahahahahaha, sorry I think I have just wet myself a little.

Visit the Medway , where Jetskis roam freely at 50 knots, Asshats pass moored boats just off the plane with a 3 foot wake, nobody has invested a penny in a hundred years and nobody polices the waterway. and the port authority couldn't give a toss. there is nowhere to go between Queenborough and Allington except sun pier (and you don't want to go there)....Other than that its lovely and i wouldn't be anywhere else ;);):cool:

Am sure your craft proudly displays a Peel Ports Leisure Craft Conservancy charge sticker. £60.00 or so, you will be one of the very few.
Amazingly many who complain about the lack of regulation actually seem to want something for nothing..difficult to believe but a launch and crew to keep an eye on half dozen errant ski-ers and the odd miscreant tent boater at sunny weekends is probably strectching those £60.00 per boat finances a bit.
The piers were only ever there to serve the commercial side of the river with some use by Grey Motor Launches , years ago, running a trip boat to exotic Upnor and the Paddle steamers going to Southend, long gone.
The decline of commercial traffic led to the decline of the piers.
Piers such as Rochester Pier and Sun Pier are local authority owned and we all know that there is not enough dosh to keep old peoples day centres open let alone find say the £200k needed to repair Rochester Pier.
Blue Boar went when the commercial traffic died and the housing went up.
Ship Pier is closed and needs urgent repairs, its private owner ,a local businessman, would just love to sell it on .
Not sure who owns Strood Pier but the access brow is lying few yards from my front door, probably only need a few hundreds of thousands to the pier back into commission.
Any suggestions where to get the money on the off chance that few boaters might use it,
Peel Ports is a commercial company not a charity, council members of MBC fought long and hard to find the money spent on Sun Pier, those days are long gone. ...doubt taxpayers will feel generous ........what about the local boaters paying something. H,mm this is where we came in. :)

Last edited: