• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

TV and Film

PCUK

As there is no dedicated TV and Film section I thought I would post something here.
Das Boot.
I never saw it in the eighties so when it appeared on Now TV I made sure to watch it. Absolutely brilliant story and atmosphere. Then in about the fourth episode Kevin Mcnally appeared as a US Senator. Not as a young man but as he is now. So I thought this can't be right and Googled Das Boot, only to find it was a new series made last year by Sky based on the follow up book that I can't find the title of. Anyway, it is a totally new story set nine months after the first series. So if you saw it advertised and thought I've seen that years ago, then you might be pleasantly surprised. All gripping stuff throughout and extended to include land based action involving the resistance. Highly recommended.

Praxinoscope

An interesting short film can be found on the BFI player for free, 'Shipshape' a 1947 film promoting the RNLI filmed using the Shoreham Lifeboat, directed by Cardiff born Paul Dickson.