Turkey

Irish Rover

Visit site
We've have been told today we can sail within the antalya District (about 100 miles of coastline) if we register with the coast guard marina etc. When where and how long. We will give it some thought
Did you get an e mail from Setur or was it just word of mouth? We're still locked in here.

rib

Visit site
Well that did,nt last long,now permission from coastguard has to be obtained and will only be allowed under exceptional cases,three boats left 3 days ago wonder whats in store for them when they return

Irish Rover

Visit site
Well that did,nt last long,now permission from coastguard has to be obtained and will only be allowed under exceptional cases,three boats left 3 days ago wonder whats in store for them when they return
I spoke to the marina management here and they said the decision rests with each Provincial Governor (Vali) and that they were making representations to the Governor. I had been hoping to see some easement but this latest news from you puts a different complexion on it. I'd be grateful if you'd keep us updated.

rib

Visit site
Not as bad here in finike,bread was got easy,marina now organising fresh veg,bread etc delivery to marina from now on,thou some of us have already been using the local stall holders for a week or more.all boats now returned,they were visited each day at anchorage and on their return by coastguard.don,t expect it will be allowed again thou.we can ride the tenders and even sail if we stay in sight of the marina ,which is also where they are based.we did get asked to leave the tennis court and not return for the nxt couple days by plain clothes persons ??

Resolution

Visit site
[Content removed]
Sorry about that. Do you think this is just for Easter weekend, or will it be a regular weekend thing, or full time?
It is gradually dawning on me that there is little chance we will be back on board this year.???

Last edited by a moderator:

Irish Rover

Visit site
Sorry about that. Do you think this is just for Easter weekend, or will it be a regular weekend thing, or full time?
It is gradually dawning on me that there is little chance we will be back on board this year.???
Easter is not an issue here, as you might expect in a Muslim country. It was just a normal weekend. I think the curfew could become a regular feature here for the next 4/5 weeks but I hope they've learned a lesson and will announce it well in advance. Clearly it's impossible to know what's going to happen anywhere but 23 May will be a crucial date here. That's when Ramadan ends and the beginning of Ramazam Bayramı [Eid]. If the situation has improved there will be huge pressure to lift restrictions and if not I could envisage a 4/5 day complete lockdown.

truscott

Visit site
23 May will be a crucial date here. That's when Ramadan ends and the beginning of Ramazam Bayramı [Eid]. If the situation has improved there will be huge pressure to lift restrictions and if not I could envisage a 4/5 day complete lockdown.

We are currently in complete lockdown in the UAE (including needing to apply for a permit to leave the house to go to the supermarket, visit the doc, pharmacy, etc... Need to keep all receipts to prove that the trip was for the stated purpose and all speed cameras record every car regardless of speed to assist the authorities in tracking movements, etc....). Easter is a non event here, but folks are starting to wonder about Ramadan. We have bookings in place for the Eid to fly to Greece with the intention of moving our boat from Kilada in Greece to Marmaris in Turkey. We have a sneaking suspicion that this isn't going to happen! Most likely will be a continuation of travel bans for some months before limited travel, and I'm not sure that the desire to get back to the boat is going to be one of the permitted reasons for travel!

Irish Rover

Visit site
Idiot Interior Minister who was responsible for this balls up has resigned tonight - not before time either.
Scratch that. The President didn't accept his resignation. I'd best not write what I said when I heard this because it would be a tight race whether I'm banned by the mods or arrested.

Irish Rover

Visit site
You may notice that my post from last weekend concerning the sudden imposition of a weekend curfew in Turkey has disappeared as a result of over zealous modding by the Forum Admin Team FAT [heads] - I used a single bold word which in the opinion of the FAT [heads] justified deleting the entire post. Clearly drunk on power our FAT [heads].
Anyway we're having another complete lockdown this weekend starting at midnight tonight and ending midnight Sunday. At least this time they announced it in good time so hopefully we won't have a repeat of last weeks chaotic scenes.
The Health Minister announced the latest figures about an hour ago
C19.jpg
Total tested 558K Tested Today 40K Total confirmed cases 78.5K Confirmed today 4.35K Total deaths 1,769 Today 126
Today = last 24 hrs.
As some of you will know 65 and over have been confined to home for almost 3 weeks now. The minister said today that prior to this cocooning measure 35% of confirmed cases were 65+ and now that figure is 18%.
As mentioned on another thread the death rate here is very low compared to other countries which the government says is mainly due to our excellent health service. There's no question the health service is excellent which I can personally attest to following recent prostate cancer treatment but, as to the figures, I'll let you make up your own minds.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Government just announced a 4 day total curfew from midnight Wednesday until midnight Sunday - Thursday is a public holiday here (National Sovereignty and Children's Day) and Friday is the first day of Ramadan. I used plenty of 4 letter words when I read it but I won't repeat any here in case I upset our ultra sensitive prudish mods.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Irish Rover... Looks like we can sail locally again with cg permission. But not for Fri /sat/Sun lock down
No change here unfortunately. No boats allowed out of the marina. I've booked a lift out for 14 May and launch before Bayram in the hope there will be a change by then.

Irish Rover

Visit site
No change here unfortunately. No boats allowed out of the marina. I've booked a lift out for 14 May and launch before Bayram in the hope there will be a change by then.
Just after I posted I got a call to say we're now ok to go out from today. I'm waiting for details but I'm just happy to get out.