Tug aground

Aquaboy

Visit site
They just got them selves off ok....... I've got the vhf on. There is still a couple of yachts on moorings out there Tho' think that area is clear.

When they dredged Woolverstone a couple of winters back they were dumping the spoil pretty much anywhere, I wonder if they caught a lump as its low water.

Leighb

Visit site
You can’t afford to stray from the channel in that area near LW Springs, dredging spoil may have aggravated it but there have always been some big lumps that come and go around the area between No5 and Grog SH Buoys.

johnalison

Visit site
When they dredged Woolverstone a couple of winters back they were dumping the spoil pretty much anywhere, I wonder if they caught a lump as its low water.
I'm surprised they were allowed to. One of the troubles at Blankenberg a few years ago was that they had to stop dredging for a while because they had previously dumped it at sea but EC rules didn't allow this.

Aquaboy

Visit site
Just had a hunt through my pics............... I don't miss much! They choose where ever they fancied I think.Dumping.PNGDumping potter1.PNG

Attachments

• Dumping potter2.PNG
    Dumping potter2.PNG
    931.5 KB · Views: 13
  • swinging ready to empty.PNG
    swinging ready to empty.PNG
    990.4 KB · Views: 12

Aquaboy

Visit site
The bigger suction dredger that comes and does the docks usually empties down in Buttermans bay which seems a much better idea. I think these guys were from Pool..... but I may have made that up.....

DavidofMersea

Visit site
That was when the packing shed people had paid for spoil to bolster the southern end of packing shed island...
There were other times when mud was dumped near the entrance to the Tollesbury channel. Did the packing shed people pay for the spoil? I thought the spoil was just being dumped near the Tollesbury channel, and the Packing shed committee asked for it to be dumped on the southern end of Packing shed island

Last edited:

tillergirl

Visit site
Well! So much for taking the bother to provide illustations of the required spoil locations in the Stour and Orwell in the weekly NtMs!

HHA18 by Roger Gaspar, on Flickr

COBMARSH provides information about the project to save Mersea Harbour. There is a June 2020 update.

When I last did the Mersea Quarters survey, I thought that the attempt to recharge the Tollesbury beach might have backfired as Mersea Quarters had substantially moved - almost as though the recharge rolls down into the Quarters. No evidence of course, just my feeling. We will redo the Quarters again this season - if and when to see if it has stabilised.