Trip boat

Independence

Visit site
One of our number suggested the idea of a trip boat for friends and family who were coming to see us off being taken out to the start line.
I've been provided a couple of tele numbers of people to contact but wanted to have an idea if anyone else wanted to be invloved.
If you are could you let me know of potential numbers and I'll see what I can arrange. If anyone knows of any similar services I'd be greatful if they could send me details.

Regards to all.

Paul

JunkMing

Visit site
We had a spectator boat for the JC 06 and very successful it was too. The Plymouth start line is much too far from any viable shore-based viewing point. The spectator boat was organised by the marvellous Colin Sykes, who acted as general factotum for the last few days prior to the start. Last I heard he will be there again. I'll e-mail him and check this, and whether he'll organise the boat again.

Roger

Jake

N/A
www.jkcartoons.co.uk
Hi Roger! Thanks for that - but you might need more than one boat this year! I was on it for the 06 event, and the elevated upper deck made a great photo platform. There were a lot of people aboard for the start - and there were only about 11 competitors. Hopefully, the Jester Azores will see a lot more entrants, so a lot more wellwishers!

The boat was being run by it's owner, who had built it with his family from scratch.(Had an interesting chat with him in the wheelhouse.) As such, he was very amenable to 'Jester Chasing' so if anyone wanted to photograph a competitor, or just shout some encouragement, he was more than happy to get within range. There was also a licenced bar aboard, which was just as well as we were out there for about three hours or so.

The event was made even more memorable by the Junk Rig Association holding a rally in the same area to wish the competitors well.

Saddletramp

Visit site
Alan can your mum and brother give me a wave too please.

My lot are sodding off to Malta for a couple of weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

JunkMing

Visit site
I've been in touch with Colin and he's confirmed that he will be at Plymouth for the start and that he'll shortly begin organising a good-sized spectator boat.

Roger

operator6

Visit site
Myself and my buddy are coming down from Cardiff to wave you all well on your voyage (and see some of the JRA), and would like to do so from the spectator boat - how/who to contact? cheers