trieux river north brittany

G

If you go this summer on the north brittany coast you can consult : www.letrieux.com you have the marine chart of trieux river on it, and many others renseignements.

G

Magnifique Illien.....

... I have a photograph of our last boat in exactly the same place as the picture of Pontrieux on the site. Does "David de la Veuve Noir" still live opposite and does he still have that marvellous Ovni?

Is it possible to anchor at Brehat again?

Steve Cronin

G

Re: Magnifique Illien.....

Yes , it's possible to anchor at brehat always.

David had now his boat just in front of the pub for the summer season, I think he will be here during the summer, because he had some problems with his health.

regards

Bernard ILLIEN

G

Are the anchorages in La Chambre and La Corderie still accessible? Brehat is a long time favourite destination of mine. But not been there for a few years.

G

We spent a couple of nights at La corderie last summer on legs, one each at the east and west ends - all was fine.(we draw 1.5m)

G

Took a UFO 34 up the river some years ago. The height of the high tension cables (not given on charts) gave me some worrying moments but we got safely under at half tide. Great place to explore and am re-visiting this summer. As I cannot get under bridge now will visit Pontrieux by the steam train from Paimpol.

G

Nice site Illien.

Brings back memories of last summer's cruise. The beauty of Pontrieux as we left on a perfect still sunny, yet misty morning is one of the best. Another is the helpfulness and friendliness of the locals.