Travel from Jersey to France

Ningaloo

Northern summers on Primal otherwise Perth WA
yacht-primal.com
So, new boat is launched and to be handed over in Jersey. On the day of launch France imposed 7 day isolation on arrivals from UK and now entry is restricted to "essential" travel only.
CI are not part of UK and I cannot find any information about entry to France from Jersey.
Can I go on to France after a couple of days in CI (with negative PCR test) without needing a "essential" reason and isolation?
And pointers / links to official guidance would be appreciated.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
So, new boat is launched and to be handed over in Jersey. On the day of launch France imposed 7 day isolation on arrivals from UK and now entry is restricted to "essential" travel only.
CI are not part of UK and I cannot find any information about entry to France from Jersey.
Can I go on to France after a couple of days in CI (with negative PCR test) without needing a "essential" reason and isolation?
The French Embassy it the definitive source of information. Just don't mention fishing.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

I don't think the French make that distinction.

COVID-19: rules for travel to France and the UK

Ningaloo

Northern summers on Primal otherwise Perth WA
yacht-primal.com
I looked at what I'd have to do to go in from Spain on a UK passport, the answer I got was I'd need to be in Spain for 14 days prior to entering France. I suspect it would be the same from Jersey ?
Can you tell me who gave you this advice? I think the fact that Spain is part of EU (and Jersey is not) will be a factor.
There are two things to be considered: quarantine/isolation and "compelling reason" for entry. If we were permitted to isolate on board the boat the first would be tolerable. I just don't know about the second.
As things stand my only option might be to have my French resident crew make their way to Jersey (rather than Brest which was the original plan) and we make plans to cross Biscay from there without stopping in France.

Lightwave395

Visit site
Can you tell me who gave you this advice? I think the fact that Spain is part of EU (and Jersey is not) will be a factor.
There are two things to be considered: quarantine/isolation and "compelling reason" for entry. If we were permitted to isolate on board the boat the first would be tolerable. I just don't know about the second.
As things stand my only option might be to have my French resident crew make their way to Jersey (rather than Brest which was the original plan) and we make plans to cross Biscay from there without stopping in France.
I'll see if I can find it again. I've looked at so many ways of trying to get to my boat recently - I think I recall it was one of the EU / French government websites concerning access to EU countries from non-EU passport holders. If I'd thought of testing the possibility I would ask the French consulate to co nfirm it before making any move. Perhaps on a lighter note if it were true a nice 2 week walking holiday in the Pyrenees would work for me !

I missed the 'boat' literally last weekend as I couldn't get a PCR test result in time to get on the last Caen ferry before the drawbridge went up...:mad:

JNKScot

Visit site
Here you go; pick through this:

Notices to Mariners | Ports of Jersey

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com