Transom Mounted Transducer

TrevorP

Visit site
Hi all,
this is very helpful thank you.
I am just about to fit 3-in-1 xducer (which is a large item) replacing a Navman fishfinder xducer which is mounted at the bottom of my transom centrally and between twin VP outdrives (twin props each). New install is Simrad Go9 and Simrad helpline advise that this location between the outdrives *should* work. Now is the time to get this right as boat is on the hard, so I was wondering if anyone had experience with this kind of installation? Existing install pic attached. E671D961-5FA6-434A-8B6E-0AEC9F759EF0_1_105_c.jpeg

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
Hi all,
this is very helpful thank you.
I am just about to fit 3-in-1 xducer (which is a large item) replacing a Navman fishfinder xducer which is mounted at the bottom of my transom centrally and between twin VP outdrives (twin props each). New install is Simrad Go9 and Simrad helpline advise that this location between the outdrives *should* work. Now is the time to get this right as boat is on the hard, so I was wondering if anyone had experience with this kind of installation? Existing install pic attached. View attachment 116775
As I wrote earlier, Sikaflex a piece of ply to the transom and mount your TD on that to test the location. No holes drilled and you can experiment with different locations if it doesn’t work.

No reason why it shouldn’t work, just like mounting between two outboards.

Last edited: