Traditional boatbuilding

Wansworth

Visit site
Is there any wooden boat building in your neck of the woods? here in North West Spain,Galicia there used to be a fairly active small fishing boat building industry but now I live in the mountains I don’t get to the rias too often to look around but from what I know there are a goodly number of traditional small craft still being used for fishing and being repaired.

Hacker

Visit site
Loads going on in Cornwall. I’m retired and have started a level 3 boatbuilding course at Falmouth Marine School. Amounts to other things we are building a Cornish Pilot Gig.

OldBawley

Visit site
Here in Greece:

Just 300 yards from where I am anchoring ( For Corona ) are two small yards who repair wooden boats. One yard to the east, one to the west. ( see pic)

https://postimg.cc/75ct4sf4][/url]

My boat was on the west yard some years ago.

New builds?

Maybe some on the island of Spetses. ( see pic)

and some years ago on Rhodos island.

( nice Youtube vid )

DoubleEnder

Visit site
Is there any wooden boat building in your neck of the woods? here in North West Spain,Galicia there used to be a fairly active small fishing boat building industry but now I live in the mountains I don’t get to the rias too often to look around but from what I know there are a goodly number of traditional small craft still being used for fishing and being repaired.
Faversham in Kent. Brand new traditionally built Replica of an early 20th century racing boat, maybe a Thames rater. Almost finished and beautiful