Trad Boat Rally - this weekend

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Minita rings a bell. Maybe that was the one below old Windsor or perhaps it was a similar but slightly different vessel.

Shame that Minita has gone.

I have definitely seen pole star this year somewhere not sure if it was Better Boating or elsewhere.

ianc1200

Visit site
Minita was at Shillingford Bridge for a long time. And yes, I'd forgotten, Pole Star was at Better Boating last year, perhaps was eventually sold.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Well we did a little cruise down the regatta reach at about 9pm but I was very disappointed to see some idiot has decided to flood light Fawley meadow and included the river in this. This makes boating in the dark very uncomfortable.

And they were and still are playing idiot music very loud. To me this is just wrong. Dumbing down. It's horrid. We can hear it quite loud up at Wargrave marshes !

Surely the idea of the River is boats and some peace and quiet ?

Maybe I am an anachronism.

Good turnout from the ADLS.

Chris_d

Visit site
Well we did a little cruise down the regatta reach at about 9pm but I was very disappointed to see some idiot has decided to flood light Fawley meadow and included the river in this. This makes boating in the dark very uncomfortable.

And they were and still are playing idiot music very loud. To me this is just wrong. Dumbing down. It's horrid. We can hear it quite loud up at Wargrave marshes !

Surely the idea of the River is boats and some peace and quiet ?

Maybe I am an anachronism.

Good turnout from the ADLS.
Spot lights were annoying but the loud music was from somewhere behind the Wargrave road, Trad band stopped just after 9pm.

zitzeeb

Visit site
Yes it was very loud up here. Probably Borodin then.
Why would you assume Borodin, just because he has a bit of money??? and lives 'in the area'!!!! It was in fact the large house in between the Wargrave Road and Borodins estate... believe me it was louder at my house than at Wargrave Marshes. They had a stage and lots of 'glamping'... looks more like a concentration camp to me and allegedly without permission!!

Parabordi

Visit site
Why would you assume Borodin, just because he has a bit of money??? and lives 'in the area'!!!! It was in fact the large house in between the Wargrave Road and Borodins estate... believe me it was louder at my house than at Wargrave Marshes. They had a stage and lots of 'glamping'... looks more like a concentration camp to me and allegedly without permission!!
And someone arrived by big black helicopter.
I was beginning to think you won the lottery!

Time Out

Visit site
I think he keeps it on the South coast ….. by a big shopping centre I believe. Widely and publicly available info.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Why would you assume Borodin, just because he has a bit of money??? and lives 'in the area'!!!!

No I was just going on geography. I actually thought that everything on that side of Wargrave road was part of the Park Place estate. Not an expert on that area but it seemed probable to me.

Assumption is [add own input here].

Happy to be corrected. Thank you.

miket

Visit site
Went on Sunday, by car, with Triumph TR register. Excellent day. Lovely selection of boats and cars. Perhaps a little light on stands but great day.
lovely Bates Starcraft 40 for sale. 3 owners from new in 1966!
good food/ drinks areas too.