Tour des Ports de la Manche question.

st599

Visit site
I've been asked by a club member about British boats taking part.

It seems that the route exits France at a Port of Entry, goes to the Channel Islands, then re-enters France at Diellette, which isn't a Port of Entry.

Does anyone know if the race organisers will be organising a mobile unit of Douane to come and check people in?

Bobc

Visit site
Not going to the Channel Islands this year, so you stay in France for the entire event.

Check in at Cherbourg, then hop round to Carteret for the start. You can arrive in Carteret up to a week in advance and stay there free as part of the event, and you can stay in St. Vaast for 3 days free at the end of the event.

It's a fabulous event. Done it twice now and will do it again, but not this year as we have other plans.

st599

Visit site
Not going to the Channel Islands this year, so you stay in France for the entire event.

Check in at Cherbourg, then hop round to Carteret for the start. You can arrive in Carteret up to a week in advance and stay there free as part of the event, and you can stay in St. Vaast for 3 days free at the end of the event.

It's a fabulous event. Done it twice now and will do it again, but not this year as we have other plans.

That doesn't match what the Notice of Race says. https://yachtclubgranville.com/wp-content/uploads/AVIS-DE-COURSE-2021-TDPM.pdf
Notice of Race 2021 said:
CARTERET- GRANVILLE / GRANVILLE - JERSEY / JERSEY- GUERNESEY / GUERNESEY- DIELETTE / DIELETTE – CHERBOURG-EN-COTENTIN / CHERBOURG-EN-COTENTIN – SAINT VAAST LA HOUGUE.

So there is the issue of leaving Schengen at Granville (which I think is a Port of Entry) and re-entering at Dielette which isn't a Port of Entry. And I've just noticed the additional issue that Guernsey and Jersey are insisting on PCR checks on arrival and 5 day quarantine if arriving from an Amber area.

AFFICHE-TDPM-21-BASSE-DEF-1448x2048.jpg

Bobc

Visit site
This is the route I saw on their Facebook post yesterday.

I suspect they may have changed the route due to covid rules on the CI (and maybe due to clearing in/out also).

tdp2021.jpg

bluerm166

Visit site
Unless things improve quickly no British boats would be allowed to leave the UK or to enter France. It will still be on the Red List.

Bobc

Visit site
Unless things improve quickly no British boats would be allowed to leave the UK or to enter France. It will still be on the Red List.
Indeed. We're giving it a miss this year. Just too many unknowns.

I'm sure we'll be back next year though. It's such a good event.