Torsa no longer an island

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Aye, right.

I am sure it never crossed anyone's mind that blocking a tidal channel might require some sort of permission/scoping.

Now try putting in a UPvC window in Ellenabeich... because everyone knows you can't do that...

I've met the Cadzows and found them to be thoroughly pleasant. They are very good farmers and employers, well respected locally, and OK this might have been a genuine rush of blood to the head. Hopefully the original landscape will be sensitively restored and the complex tidal flows in the area will revert to how they were.

But I do hope this is a wake-up call for any other landowners in the area with grandiose schemes who think planning and conservation laws don't apply to them and who assume retrospective planning permission will be granted if there are complaints.

- W

NormanS

Visit site
Should be a nice trip in my dinghy - not sure whether the sparks from the overhead cable would come before or after the sparks from the keel hitting on any yacht attempting the link channel:oops:
Yes, cable height "unknown, but quite high in dinghy terms". ?

Scomber

Visit site
An Sailean , w side of Lismore seemed to be more or less inaccessible last summer due to tactical placing of long floating ropes, although shown as anchorage on antares and in pilot.

Romeo

Visit site
Any news on the causeway being removed and he channel being reinstated? In which case any update on safe depths?

Marine Scotland called for "Remediation to original condition". Poor quality pic of the contractor starting that work:

1639407755450.png

I have not managed to have a close up look yet, but it does seem Marine Scotland are on the case, and thanks are due to them. If anyone does get the chance to look and measure depth, please do report back to Marine Scotland.

penfold

Visit site
Perhaps they hope Marine Scotland will let them backslide on finishing the job, as that doesn't look remotely like the original channel.