Top climber

shortjohnsilver

Visit site
Has anyone got a Top Climber, mast climbing kit - that they don’t use or want hiding somewhere aboard or at home and want to sell?

mikegunn

Visit site
Still looking for a Top climber system or similar kit should anyone possibly now no longer need and wish to sell. Thanks.
Unfortunately for you, I suspect that owners of Top Climber systems value their purchase too highly to want to sell it on. It is still in manufacture, I notice.
Mike

shortjohnsilver

Visit site
Unfortunately for you, I suspect that owners of Top Climber systems value their purchase too highly to want to sell it on. It is still in manufacture, I notice.
Mike
It does seem to be the case! I had thought there may be many of these systems out there, purchased but never used or used only lightly and that my mention of them might have prompted them to sell on and return some of the expenditure laid out on a piece of kit never used.
But I do need to get up there though and soon. Probably use a bosuns chair and a competent strong mate, but the concept of solo climbing seems a good move. You’re right though.

mikegunn

Visit site
I see that the current price of a Topclimber in the UK is around £300.00. I didn’t pay that amount as I bought mine about fourteen years ago, but it was still relatively expensive at that time. However, it has proven its worth time and time again. To me, climbing a mast solo is a real pleasure. One is in complete control of the exercise. If it takes fifteen minutes to ascend the mast, so what? No pressure from a mate on the winch who’s looking at his watch, ‘cos he’s got to pick up the missus in half an hour. No failure in communications. Very little effort is involved and the seat so comfortable that I was able to spend a couple of hours at the masthead last year without trauma. Go on, treat yourself. you won’t regret it. And no, I don’t have any connection with the manufacturer.
Mike.

shortjohnsilver

Visit site
Thanks Mike appreciated. Can you tell me, when reaching the top, can you see over the mast head top sufficiently? This is what concerns me with a bosuns chair. I want to disconnect the B&G MHU and need to be pretty precise with getting it out and replacing it as the pins are delicate to say the leas and easy to damage. I really need to be above and looking down on it. Thanks again.