Too late?

byron

RIP
Visit site
I wonder if it's too late in the season to suggest a rally to my place. I know its a long run up-river for some of you but the boats can be left here and collected the following week. My Marquee is still up, there's an excellent slipway here for those trailering, water, electric, dogs welcome, kids more than welcome, Caravans and/or Tents OK, all in all everything here even loan of a car to go shopping and/or rides to the GWR station in Goring.

nickcred

Visit site
Think it's a great idea Byron - launch the new forum - are you near Goring or is yours the place I have seen nr Moulsford - seem to recognise the pic on your website.

nickcred

Visit site
OK I was correct then. We overnighted at the Beetle and Wedge earlier in the year and sa you guys having a get together in the Marquee - didn't know it was you though

Great position

Nick

byron

RIP
Visit site
lots of clubs rally here throughout the season but there's only one more club booked this year, Oxford Ditch in two weeks I think. I don't know, Gruppenfuhrer Eileen keeps the diary.

Chris_d

Visit site
I'll endeavour to be there, been past your place so many times when something has been on, I think I've had a wave out of you, but to be honest you might have been saying shove off /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DWT

Visit site
That's a really generous offer and something we would be very interested in doing. I've always thought it looks a nice spot, but did not know who owned it.

Late September/early October can be a really nice time of year to be on the river.

nickcred

Visit site
mmmmh!! We appear to suddenly be short of volunteers and enthusiasm.. Come on guys Byron has made an incredibly generous offer and everyone who has contributed seems to want this forum to work. As a newbie, 2 months last season and from March to date this season this would be my first rally. I have no idea what organising this entails and I am travelling a lot during the week around Europe. But I am happy to share the organisation if you guys tell me what we need to do and I have some willing peeps to help. So does it die here or do we do it? Late September or early October would suit me best. I guess it is a two day cruise for me so how about a Sunday afternoon/evening if Byron can accommodate or shall we say to hell with it and make it Saturday pm/evening and take a day out of the office or airport. Lets launch this thing properly.

Chris_d

Visit site
I'm not much good at organisng these sort of things, but I guess the first thing to do is set a date, I guess it would be a saturday afternoon/evening affair, late September, October sounds good, probably best to avoid clashing with the boat show.

Isn't Boatone quite good at organisng /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

nickcred

Visit site
Hi, I have PM'd Byron asking which dates would suit. I am guessing we all love boating on the Thames and I know we are all busy. Boatone has done a great job at starting this forum and we need to advertise it as much as possible but we cant just sit back and wait for our good friend Boatone to step in. By answering my post (thanks) are you volunteering to help me out here, cos trust me I need it and my organisation skills are modest as well. When we have the same or less posts as the book forum we will never get this into the main forum pages link. At the risk of winding people up surely we are better than this? Shoot me down in flames if you like but I am willing to give this a go. (not directed at you Chris_d)

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
I organised the last forum meet up at Byrons several years ago and would be happy to lend 'advice' but have quite a lot of other things to do at present.

I personally think the likelyhood of a large boat turnout is slim de to the distances and time involved but that doesnt mean some couldnt boat and others go by car as last time if Byron is amenable to this.

I seem to remember we had the last one in February when more ppeeps would travel by car wheras in the summer months they might be away elsewhere.

Eileen and Byron are excellent hosts.

BrendanS

Visit site
I'd be more than happy to arrive by car, as would many others that attended the original bash. Just too far away by boat to make it sensible for many

Gavi

Visit site
Agree... But can we pitch a tent in the gardens as I have no intention of driving home...

nickcred

Visit site
I think Byron said in his first post that tents were fine as well. Infact he even invited Kids and whilst i might wish to leave mine at home I think I may have to bring them. Mind you my eldest's stories about me might keep you amused for a while /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kristal

www.audnance.com
I'd like to come! Being of the tidal Thames variety I can't venture upstream without the use of a large saw. Boat is out of the water, anyway, and miles away. It would be great to meet other forumites, I haven't been able to get to any social event before now.

I'm willing to assist someone with the organising, if there is anything I can do.

/<