Tony Robinson. The Thames.

Time Out

Visit site
I watch it on catch up and fast forward the boring bits (mushrooms...) Covent Garden Market is not exactly Thames stuff, its next to it but that's about it! So is HSBC...

The Eel Pie bit was mildly interesting given its down the road but they should have made it clear there are four tidal slipway boatyards left not 4 boatyards left!

Parabordi

Visit site
I watch it on catch up and fast forward the boring bits (mushrooms...) Covent Garden Market is not exactly Thames stuff, its next to it but that's about it! So is HSBC...

The Eel Pie bit was mildly interesting given its down the road but they should have made it clear there are four tidal slipway boatyards left not 4 boatyards left!
same here, by fast-forwarding to the actual Thames bits, can watch it in 10mins.

oldgit

Visit site
Jeepers didnt it drag on in the market.....

Stop grumbling ,there were some glimpses of stationary white plastic in the background in several of the shots around Marlow , suggesting that some Thames skippers do actually leave their marinas . :)

Parabordi

Visit site
Stop grumbling ,there were some glimpses of stationary white plastic in the background in several of the shots around Marlow , suggesting that some Thames skippers do actually leave their marinas . :)
Grumbling! I never even mentioned the rib he was on planing past moored boats oops just did

oldgit

Visit site
So providing Hammersmith is open , repair work on the locks is finished.,all the sunken boats are cleared and Covid is in full retreat, we might be allowed round to see you lot again in 2021.
Always a pleasure to watch Teddington lock hove into view after the trip round.

DogsBody

Visit site
So providing Hammersmith is open , repair work on the locks is finished.,all the sunken boats are cleared and Covid is in full retreat, we might be allowed round to see you lot again in 2021.
Always a pleasure to watch Teddington lock hove into view after the trip round.

OK Thames residents, with the above in mind, what do we recon is the best plan of attack:
a) Sabotage Hammersmith Bridge
b) Spread a rumor about a new Thames variant of Covid
c) Sink some old barges across Teddington Lock Cut

:LOL:

(All said with tongue firmly in cheek.)

Old Crusty

Visit site
I think it vital that OG be permitted to visit the soft southern non tidal trickle, after all, where else will the rest of us get our cheap fenders wiv socks on from. He usually pitches up with 40 fenders on so he doesn't damage our boats when we collide with him ?

oldgit

Visit site
As the only skipper on the river who hands over his boat Registration Fee (not river licence) with a smile and appreciates what an absolute bargain it represents, think I should welcomed with at the very least, a 21 gun salute. and perhaps one of those cheerleader troops with lots of young ladies. :)

Old Crusty

Visit site
I'll be standing by on Teddytown tail bullnose with my 6" cannon trained at Merdeway boarders for your royal salute ?

Parabordi

Visit site
As the only skipper on the river who hands over his boat Registration Fee (not river licence) with a smile and appreciates what an absolute bargain it represents, think I should welcomed with at the very least, a 21 gun salute. and perhaps one of those cheerleader troops with lots of young ladies. :)