Tollesbury Marina

savageseadog

Visit site
In our Marina up North they decided on this solution. If it's any consolation we are having similar problems. The Parking company seems to work on a charge first ask questions later basis. It is actually the car Park owner rather than the Parking operator that is ultimately responsible for the charges.

Leighb

Visit site
I guess it is not an issue if you are visiting by boat, but if by car then would have to very careful to comply. Would certainly put off anyone thinking of going to the Chandlery or the Restaurant.
I do know from taking to people there that they have had a big problem in the past with folk coming to use the outdoor seawater swimming pool, judging by the numbers I have seen there in the recent past I could see how that would be difficult if they were parking in and around the marina.

DavidonMersea

Visit site
At the risk of arguing that it is reasonable..... I guess the marina might have been plagued by grockles wanting to park close to the waterside. There is v. limited parking in the road outside but loads of visitors want to come down to the front. I think the marina would also be a little unhappy with non-boaty types getting into the marina.
I don't see the point in registering, (unless it is to collect fines) it is free and there is no benefit apart from parking your car

tillergirl

Visit site
I am not sure what your point is. The marina want visitors to register when parking. They want to know it is a bona fides purposes before registration. If one isn't registered, one is fined. It seems it is only for a short unregistered time to incur a fine. Ruby's used to deliver direct to the pontoon but they got fined.

Rum Run

Visit site
Were there not reports that the signage is poor and people were not aware of having to register ?

See Post 6
I am reporting my experience- I've parked outside the chandlery, not registered, not been sent a PCN. I've not driven up to the restaurant or into the car park at the back.
The signage in these circumstances is always too small. That is the point Shirley?

DavidonMersea

Visit site
The marina want visitors to register when parking. They want to know it is a bona fides purposes before registration.
I was not asked the purpose of my visit

My parking troubles were not over. A few days later I went to the Daisy Meadow car park,at Heybridge and paid for one hour. I received a £170 (Not a typo) fine, saying I had stayed for over one hour. I don't think so, and I have asked for evidence

.... and now I have another one. I went for a meal at the Toby Carvery at Clacton, and to day I received a fine of £85. It seems I should have paid for parking my car in the Toby Carvery car park by mobile phone before I went into the restaurant

Last edited:

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Civil Enforcement are basically organised crime. Did me for not parking even though i had a receipt. Fought it but still paid a fine of £20 reduced from £60. This was for parking in a crappy carpark in Longfield earlier this year

CE Service is rated "Bad" with 1.1 / 5 on Trustpilot

civil enforcement reviews - Google Search
Sympathy . Thanks for letting us know.
I am now very selective as to where I park having had a similar experience but with a different company.