TMBA Boaters Satisfaction Survey 2021

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
The EA Charges Consultation, which closed on 16th September, provided little opportunity for boaters to clearly indicate their degree of satisfaction regarding the current level of service delivery on the non tidal Thames. The response from Thames based boaters was disappointing with only 428 submissions from over 13000 EA Thames registered craft, approximately 8000 of which are powered boats.
The TMBA specifically represents individual motor boaters and would like to know your views on current service delivery as it has affected your use of the waterway during 2021.
The TMBA have, therefore, published their own motor boaters satisfaction survey which will be open until 30th November.
Although being conducted by the TMBA the survey is open to all non tidal Thames based boaters. Other Thames based boating organisations are also encouraging participation by their members.
We hope you will participate and also encourage your Thames based motor boating friends to do so.
The survey is online, simple and takes less that two minutes to complete.
You can find the survey here:
Non Tidal Thames Motor Boaters Survey 2021

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
I do hope Thames motor boaters will participate in this survey so that those actually using the waterway can indicate their satisfaction or otherwise with the management of the non tidal Thames..
In less than a week the survey has attracted almost 300 submissions from a broad church of boaters.
The EA consultation on charges gave no opportunity for boaters to actually record their views on service delivery or value for money. This survey does exactly that and can have no predetermined outcome.
However, to have significant validity, it does require a substantial level of response so please, please do participate and encourage others to do so. It will take just two minutes of your time. There are over 8000 EA registered powered craft in the Thames and less than 5% bothered to respond to the charges consultation.
If you care about enjoying motor boating on the river please support this survey and help make a difference. Take a look - DO IT NOW !

Old Crusty

Visit site
Yes, do do it.

The EA/DEFRA/APPG need to understand the level of satisfaction or otherwise amongst boaters. They rely on our apathy as an excuse to continue to diminish the facility.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Yes, do do it.

The EA/DEFRA/APPG need to understand the level of satisfaction or otherwise amongst boaters. They rely on our apathy as an excuse to continue to diminish the facility.
Thanks fir the nudge, Crusty
Is anyone listening ?
The current threads re Sunbury, the Trotman case and moorings management are all matters on the agenda for our TNUF meeting today and need to be challenged - that is what I and my colleagues representing other boating organisations do as robustly as we can. However we need to ensure that we are representing the views of boaters and not just our own personal opinions - that’s why this survey is so important. There’s over 8000 powered boats registered on the Thames and 1000 responses would be an enormous demonstration of support and give us real evidence to present to the EA.
Its dead easy - take a look:

Last edited:

Time Out

Visit site
Thanks fir the nudge, Crusty
Is anyone listening ?
The current threads re Sunbury, the Trotman case and moorings management are all matters on the agenda for our TNUF meeting today and need to be challenged - that is what I and my colleagues representing other boating organisations do as robustly as we can. However we need to ensure that we are representing the views of boaters and not just our own personal opinions - that’s why this survey is so important. There’s over 8000 powered boats registered on the Thames and 1000 responses would be an enormous demonstration of support and give us resl evidence to present to the EA.
Its dead easy - take a look:

Done, some were N/A t me but have based it on previous experience, I am below Tedd Lock but still EA. I had to round days up as I have a series of frequent short trips as I can walk to the boat and it takes two mins to go, mostly to the pub ;)