Tideway moorings

Portland Billy

Visit site
It would be rather nice if PLA could provide a couple of tideway moorings between Teddington and the City.
Floating pontoons or similar would suffice, and reasonable mooring fees could be charged remotely.
But I doubt if they would be interested in non commercial traffic.

oldgit

Visit site
It would be rather nice if PLA could provide a couple of tideway moorings between Teddington and the City.
Floating pontoons or similar would suffice, and reasonable mooring fees could be charged remotely.
But I doubt if they would be interested in non commercial traffic.

+1
Would need enough water to float boats on LWS, especially the biggies in spring and autumn. so mebbe need at least 6 feet under any keel.,some bigger leisure boats might already draw 5-6 ft, so would need minimum depth of 12 ft at LWS.
This would limit just how far upstream moorings could be located . ?
Is there not a couple of commercial bouys just above Brentford. ?
For the inexperienced,picking up bouy in a tidal flow can be fun, as anybody who has picked up a bouy outside ST Kats will confirm. :(

Leighb

Visit site
+1

For the inexperienced,picking up bouy in a tidal flow can be fun, as anybody who has picked up a bouy outside ST Kats will confirm. :(
it was not the tidal flow but the wash of all the passing traffic that I found a problem, lost one boathook and broke another. After that we just arrived about the right time and just stemmed the tide until it was time to enter, much more relaxing.

oldgit

Visit site
it was not the tidal flow but the wash of all the passing traffic that I found a problem, lost one boathook and broke another. After that we just arrived about the right time and just stemmed the tide until it was time to enter, much more relaxing.

+100%