Tidal surge warning

Leighb

Visit site
Today's HW at Harwich is 4.5m predicted and the NTSLF predict 0.5m above prediction so HW should be interesting. There is a Flood Warning in place locally.

Leighb

Visit site
The Coffee Pod on Tide Mill Quay has his tables and chairs out, but I think he may well have to shut up shop early today as any customers might well be paddling later! We are watching with interest.

PetiteFleur

Visit site
Went to The Ramsholt Arms, moored on the quay, all the fenders floated so borrowed a tyre from the harbour master which stopped us grinding against the quay. Water was deep enough on the quay to fill the skippers wellies. Nice lunch in the pub though and a better day than forecast. Initial plan was to go to Halfpenny pier but this was abandoned after crew protest ...
ps - we didn't know about the tidal surge.

Last edited:

Leighb

Visit site
You should have popped (waded) round to get a photo or two of the Tidemill Marina. :):):)
I would have done except that I am confined to barracks! Isolating prior to a minor operation on Tuesday, still at least we had a ringside seat.

oldgit

Visit site
The Mudway.
On Saturday tide was really whoshing in on early flood , only lose its impetus later on.
On Sunday came out through Allington lock about 2 hours before ETD in the afternoon.

Leighb

Visit site
You should be more careful. I've only scored one to date where a knife was used.
I accept the humour! However only one was a result of “careless” behaviour , an Orthopaedic procedure on an ankle due to ski injury. All the rest were wear and tear age related or things that just go wrong. My wife reckons I was built on a Friday, probably 30 mins before knocking off time.?

jimi

Visit site
i've had both wrists done. Well worth it. The difference was almost instantaneous. The put them 3 weeks apart for obvious reasons. ;-)

Capt Popeye

Visit site
You have my sympathy as that can be very painful. My wife suffers and has to wear hand braces at night, but she refuses to have an operation to ease the pain.

Many years ago I was advised to have the Carpel Tunnel operation , owing to pains and nerve transmission issues ; but the waiting list was at least 6 months ; well I mentioned to to a Family Member , who has bourne 2 children ok ; she stated that she got Carpel Tunnel during Child Bearing and was advised NOT to drink much before going to bed in order to reduce the fluids in her body ; reducing the fluids worked for me . the Carpel Tunnel just disapeared never to return again , over some 40 years ; so I could by agreement cancel my hospital Waiting list place

Tomahawk

Visit site
Going back to the OP if I may, does anyone know what caused the surge? The wind was only just to the north of west and ir wasn’t a particularly extreme weather system to cause surge.