Three - Go Roam surcharge?

KompetentKrew

Visit site
So, Three are increasing their 'standard' (AKA 321) PAYG tariffs:

Pay As You Go 10105

but nothing to do with Brexit! :rolleyes:

(It's essentially a three fold price increase BTW! :mad: )
Surely this shouldn't affect many liveabords?

Those in the UK will probably be best off with pay-monthly - e.g. unlimited data on Three for about £20 a month.
Those abroad will be best off with a local SIM, and only using their PAYG for bank SMS's.

This morning there was a thread about this on another forum I use, and the people who were actually affected were on PAYG because they used hardly any data.

syvictoria

Visit site
Surely this shouldn't affect many liveabords?

Those in the UK will probably be best off with pay-monthly - e.g. unlimited data on Three for about £20 a month.
Those abroad will be best off with a local SIM, and only using their PAYG for bank SMS's.

This morning there was a thread about this on another forum I use, and the people who were actually affected were on PAYG because they used hardly any data.

I've personally used Three for many years, both home and away (for months) and I use on average about £5 of credit per month! If I don't have wifi, I don't stream, so my data usage is mostly emails and the odd 'fact check'. Surely I can't be the only one who can actually survive without a constant 24/7 link to YouTube and Facebook!?

nortada

Visit site
I've personally used Three for many years, both home and away (for months) and I use on average about £5 of credit per month! If I don't have wifi, I don't stream, so my data usage is mostly emails and the odd 'fact check'. Surely I can't be the only one who can actually survive without a constant 24/7 link to YouTube and Facebook!?

Been out of the UK for 12 months and continued to use 3 on an annual contract. After 4 months, we received a message warning us they may start surcharging us unless we returned to the UK.

Contacted them explaining, because of Covid, we were stuck in Portugal. Their response was, we understand, don't worry and we have not surcharged us since. ✅