THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

Irish Rover

Visit site
Are private yachts now allowed to enter Italian ports from abroad. I saw a large American owned yacht which was in Marmaris last week is now in port in Genoa.

MapisM

Visit site
Not yet as a general rule, but there are possible exception.
They should be allowed starting from June 3rd, based on the current plan.
Which (as any others covid-related) is subject to final confirmation, though.

Bouba

Visit site
A bit overcast this morning but I think boaty

In the far distance you can see the port of Toulon, home of the French Navy’s Mediterranean Fleet

By lunchtime the sun has come out but so has the breeze

John100156

Visit site
We last spent a night in Burriana a few years ago on our way back from Denia, to Sant Carles. The pump-out station had collapsed, the restaurants were not open and when we (two boats F43's) visited the fuel berth, the dockmaster said he was awaiting a fuel delivery and therefore was closed FOR THE DAY. Thank goodness we had enough fuel to get to Las Fuentes..... Looks like they may have tidied it up a bit since then, has it changed ownership?

We have booked a ferry on 5 July and hope quarantine back in the UK may have been lifted by the time we return coincidently to Milton Keynes :cool:

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
We last spent a night in Burriana a few years ago on our way back from Denia, to Sant Carles. The pump-out station had collapsed, the restaurants were not open and when we (two boats F43's) visited the fuel berth, the dockmaster said he was awaiting a fuel delivery and therefore was closed FOR THE DAY. Thank goodness we had enough fuel to get to Las Fuentes..... Looks like they may have tidied it up a bit since then, has it changed ownership?

We have booked a ferry on 5 July and hope quarantine back in the UK may have been lifted by the time we return coincidently to Milton Keynes :cool:

I was impressed on our first visit to Burriana, it's not the best town but has all the facilities we need and is a good start point for adventures elsewhere, staff were also super helpful. We will spend the first season there and see how it goes. Very cheap annual berth. Another fellow Milton Keynes resident I see (y)

John100156

Visit site
Yes we.ve been living in MK for a while, moved up from London to Buckingham first in 1979 then into MK in 1981.....

We may pop down again to Burriana, if we go down to Denia, we often pop down to Las Fuentes which is about 26nm south of Sant Carles and your around 50nm south IIRC, have you visited Sant Carles Marina yet? Several forumites berthed there! Cant wait to get out again hopefully in July.....:cool:

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
Yes we.ve been living in MK for a while, moved up from London to Buckingham first in 1979 then into MK in 1981.....

We may pop down again to Burriana, if we go down to Denia, we often pop down to Las Fuentes which is about 26nm south of Sant Carles and your around 50nm south IIRC, have you visited Sant Carles Marina yet? Several forumites berthed there! Cant wait to get out again hopefully in July.....:cool:

We actually stopped in Sant Carles on our delivery sail from Canet en rousillon to Burriana. Lovely marina, and will probably stop in there again if we head North again

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Hi John, Hope all OK. I love Denia, we had a house near there for years, sold about 4 years ago.

mcanderson

Visit site
Mike, you want me steal the food from Mr G's mouth as he gets first dibs on leftovers! I won't tell him, but will send pictures.

I wonder if the fashion show will be running....

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Mike, you want me steal the food from Mr G's mouth as he gets first dibs on leftovers! I won't tell him, but will send pictures.

I wonder if the fashion show will be running....

OK I know where I am in the pecking order. Below the dog. Its the same in my household. Photos of nubile young ladies wearing bugger all will be partial compensation thank you (y)

Seastoke

Visit site
why cant they deploy thr oxygen masks on planes then there would be no air circulating in the cabin.

Portofino

Visit site
why cant they deploy thr oxygen masks on planes then there would be no air circulating in the cabin.
Lasts enough time to descend below 10,000 ft .
I will give you a clue gravity is 9.8 M /s ....that’s free fall so a powered descent should be x faster .
Aside the masks are a poor fit and nobody’s been trained on PPE + consider all the surface contact x infection .
Everybody’s exhaled air ( inc those super spreaders ) is released out of a primitive valve In the mask to potentially infect by surface contact or otherwise others .

Also the planes Aircon is actually virus ok inc C19 with it’s filters anyhow .
What about the actual airport building ....? It’s Aircon is normal , ( not virus proof ) and the widows don’t open ..urgh !
Sorry 2x airports forgot the one at the landing .
Whoops the rtn trip = 4 x exposure .....to whom? = folks mingling from all over the world ...oh dear !

You are looking down the wrong end of the telescope focusing on the plane . :)

Consider this a 747 @ 2 m “ social distancing “ Hmm queue is going on 1 km long .....yeh right !

Last edited: