THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

itspaul

Visit site
Well after spending a number of weeks completely re covering all the internal linings of our t52 the carrier now can’t get the panels back to majorca and it’s looking very likely that the islands will be locked down as well as the mainland. .... So i think this summer could well be a write off ?

vas

Visit site
rent a van and drive them down there? is that still possible?

edited to say, v.much doubt isles will be closed for the summer, now whether you want to be there, that's another thing, but closed I doubt. same down here, it will be an economic collapse.
V.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

rent a van and drive them down there? is that still possible?

I think the ferries between UK and Spain are being suspended now. AFAIK cross Channel ferries are still operating but can you still drive into Spain from France?

julians

Visit site
Due to be going to mallorca at Easter, but it's currently looking very unlikely. Also have a trip booked in May which I expect won't happen, hopefully we be able to get out there in July, but who knows.

It Will completely decimate their economy if they stay on lockdown, I guess the anti tourist protesters will be happy though.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Also check your insurance, I had an email from Insure and Go last night saying that any future trips not already booked would not be covered for the virus, even though we have an existing annual policy.

BruceK

Visit site
Dont sweat it fellas. The Welsh mob will post loads of pics of the Welsh Med to keep you hanging in there (y)

e8ZMETE.jpg

zI4h5WU.jpg

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
Well after spending a number of weeks completely re covering all the internal linings of our t52 the carrier now can’t get the panels back to majorca and it’s looking very likely that the islands will be locked down as well as the mainland. .... So i think this summer could well be a write off ?

Send me a pm with details, pic up & del codes etc. My son will see the pm & see if we can do something, we run Atlas Couriers. Make pm title Consignment.

jrudge

Visit site
Send me a pm with details, pic up & del codes etc. My son will see the pm & see if we can do something, we run Atlas Couriers. Make pm title Consignment.
Interesting .. I have some teak panels due to be completed in a few weeks that are probably similar dimensions to interior panels that also need to head to Mallorca. Combined shipment ?

Orthop

Visit site
Looks not very good, at all. I think the next 2-3 weeks will show how the security measures will work and if it´s possible not to break down the health care system due to too many patients.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
It Will completely decimate their economy if they stay on lockdown,

I don't think alarmist comments like that are helpful. Of course it depends on the length of any lock down but economies and businesses bounce back and sometimes come back stronger.

Businesses should be robust enough to 'close' for a few weeks then reopen again..... This should be a basic part of business planning.

Also Positive comments is what the world needs now I feel not negative doom and gloom..... Believe me it does make a real difference

Momac

Visit site
Businesses should be robust enough to 'close' for a few weeks then reopen again..... This should be a basic part of business planning.
Many businesses are run by accountants and have drive cash flow demands to the point that there is no resilience at all.
The only way they can close down for a few weeks is if they don't pay any wages for that time.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Many businesses are run by accountants and have drive cash flow demands to the point that there is no resilience at all.
The only way they can close down for a few weeks is if they don't pay any wages for that time.

Well Perhaps those accountants need to learn a lesson and think less greed and more reserves and resilience…..

The same applies to people. All people need to plan for a period of time when they may not for many reasons get paid. They too need reserves.

This concept is not difficult or new...... It is actually common sense

My old Dad who was just a farm labourer once said to me ...…… If you have not got at least £1000 saved for every year you have been at work you have failed. .... Very simple and good principal to live by.

Sadly I know some people who have not got £500 saved in total....... They have the latest Iphone though.......... I could say more but wont

Last edited:

Orthop

Visit site
is there anything a mechanic can do with the engine to avoid corrosion on the engines, when the boat is out of the water?

i'm not sure if this disaster will be gone at the end of summer...

Bigplumbs

Visit site
is there anything a mechanic can do with the engine to avoid corrosion on the engines, when the boat is out of the water?

i'm not sure if this disaster will be gone at the end of summer...

If the engine is out of the water in the med in the boat. I think it will not corrode...… Perhaps spray some WD40