Thomas Walker Knotmaster Towed Log shoe required.

Aussie Sailor

Visit site
Hi all, I am in my late seventies and I have sailed all my life. I started as a kid in dinghies. Then over the years we have owned about 4 yachts. We sailed predominantly along the Barrier Reef in Queensland Australia. Although in 2002 -2003, to celebrate the Mathew Flinders bicentenary, my wife and I circumnavigated Australia including Tasmania. In the late seventies we sailed a strip planked 30 foot fast sloop. We used a Thomas Walker mark 111A Knotmaster towed log. It was reliable and very accurate. I recently donated my Walker Log to a local teaching organisation ; TAFE who conduct courses for Coxswains, deckhands and Ships Masters at various levels. But unfortunately I have lost the last deck attachment called a shoe. It is about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and is stainless steel.. See attached photo of a complete log and the shoe. I wish to obtain another one for TAFE so the log is complete. They also have a 40 foot vessel they train students on and they would like to use the log from time to time. I will happily pay for a shoe and naturally the cost of mailing. Thanks all. Aussie Sailor
1662333943263.png1662333590536.png

Last edited:

chrishscorp

Visit site
Welcome to the forum, I would suggest you edit your post and remove the email address or you will end up with a lot of spam.

I have removed 2 from my yacht recently I am sure I can spare one, I am in the UK, if there is someone in Aus who will step forward with one fair enough if not I will happily send you one.

Aussie Sailor

Visit site
Welcome to the forum, I would suggest you edit your post and remove the email address or you will end up with a lot of spam.

I have removed 2 from my yacht recently I am sure I can spare one, I am in the UK, if there is someone in Aus who will step forward with one fair enough if not I will happily send you one.
Thank you for your reply. I am thrilled I am able to find a shoe so quickly. I will take your advice and edit my post (I am not even sure I will know how to do that) How do I make further contact with you to get the shoe? Tell me what to do please. Regards Aussie Sailor