This week’s “Tally Ho”..,

DJE

www.casl.uk.com

Bajansailor

Visit site
Interestingly one of the comments on Leo's latest YouTube video appears to be from William Armacost the Mayor of Sequim asking Leo to get in touch.

That mayor sounds like a real loony covfefe, and no doubt a nasty piece of work.

And fairly stoopid as well - if he wants to get in touch with Leo, there are many ways of doing so, including the old fashioned way of hopping in his truck (he is bound to have a truck for pose value) and driving out to Leo's place.

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
As Leo says in the last instalment, he can afford to move the boat and to pay commercial rates now, but that was out of the question when he was one man with a dream, spending his savings on the wreck of a big old boat.

Sequim is a town of 12,000 or so people, which has just made itself look rather less charming than it once did to Leo’s present audience of 300,000 or so people.

doug748

Visit site
For the congenitally nosey, like me, here is a snap of the area with the distance to Pt Townsend shown:

1615716585321.png

Just like the man to look at the positives. If it comes off I guess launching will be much less fraught when the day comes. The worst case would be to have to move to some other inland site and then move again later.

Magnificent sailing area.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
I did the same: 31 miles or 42 minutes by road.

I think Leo would like to have the bulkheads in, the deck on and the hull and deck caulked before moving her, and that might well be another two years’ work.
If he got all that done, he could float her round on her own bottom.

Of course, he's not a million miles from a rather strange bit of territory - Point Roberts, which dips JUST south of the US/Canada Border, despite having no land connection with the USA. I bet he could get away with almost anything there!

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
Latest news from the local press (via Sampson Boat Co Friends FB page)

Boat builder reaches agreement with Clallam County | Peninsula Daily News

Thank you for that!

( I do follow the friends FB page but it’s now vast, and I had missed it!)

I think that gives Leo time to get the planking planed off and the hull caulked and painted with primer, and perhaps time to get bulkheads in, and the ballast keel on if he wants to, but not enough time to get her decked. He has to shift a lot of stuff and he has to find somewhere to put the boat - at the moment she is under a roof but she might not be once she is moved.

Another factor is Covid19 - at the moment Leo and his squad are self isolating, but that may not be so easy in a boatyard...

Other threads that may be of interest