This Trump on water rally went well, a bit like his re-election campaign.

johnalison

Visit site
People shouldn't worry if Trump's supporters are not very bright. They are not seeking certification for being at sea, only to run the country.

roblpm

Visit site
That's what the betting firms say, but it doesn't tie in with the opinion polls.

Sure. But remember they have a crap electoral system like us! UK Conservatives got 56% of the MPs on 43% of the vote. Hilary won the popular vote last time and lost. So it all depends on how the swing states like Florida fall. Not the overall opinion polls.

HissyFit

Visit site
Sure. But remember they have a crap electoral system like us! UK Conservatives got 56% of the MPs on 43% of the vote. Hilary won the popular vote last time and lost. So it all depends on how the swing states like Florida fall. Not the overall opinion polls.
I didn't notice Labour changing the electoral system the last time they were in power, so I conclude that it suits them too. Personally, I'd boot the Lords out and have the second house elected by the proportional representation vote of the same ballot. That way the parties can hold onto whichever worthies they wish and we'd still have a specific elected member, not just a left leg.

roblpm

Visit site
I didn't notice Labour changing the electoral system the last time they were in power, so I conclude that it suits them too. Personally, I'd boot the Lords out and have the second house elected by the proportional representation vote of the same ballot. That way the parties can hold onto whichever worthies they wish and we'd still have a specific elected member, not just a left leg.

I totally agree. They fantasise about the same result in reverse. That's why I am a member of the Scottish Greens. I have repeatedly emailed my Labour MP about it. He doesn't like it! I will never vote for a party that supports FPTP.

By the way the system in Scotland (Additional Member) gives us a local rep and a list vote. It has other issues but is much better.