Thieving BxxxxxxS

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
Some pals of ours were in the swan thames ditton a week ago and when leaving late that evening their boat had just been nicked luckily the thieves didnt realise it had a foot throttle and were only going at a slow speed so my pal was able to chase them in his friends boat

they caught up with them but unluckily the thieves jumped int a 30 foot cruiser that was with the thieving sods and sped off towards kingston

the boat was recovered but they couldnt give chase

Does anyone know of any other thefts recently in this reach ?

byron

RIP
Visit site
Surely they got the name of the 30 footer to pass on to the Old Bill. Maybe they could spare someone from persecuting motorists to check them out, a £ to a pinch of poo the equipment on the 30 footer was all nicked.

bradtarga34

Visit site
We moor there overnight a bit as it seems very secure, especially as they lock the gate to the pub car park at night, but you don't normally expect a waterborne attack. Sad really, you like to think that all people on the water are nice, laid back easy going people, but I guess it's naive to think so as you say!

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
Am having to review my stance on security as you say

you don't normally expect a waterborne attack

we had life jackets and tools pinched from our boat this week from our mooring

thinking of putting a sign up

ANY THIEVING LOW LIFE SCUM CAUGHT HERE WILL NOT BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Am having to review my stance on security as you say

you don't normally expect a waterborne attack

we had life jackets and tools pinched from our boat this week from our mooring

thinking of putting a sign up

ANY THIEVING LOW LIFE SCUM CAUGHT HERE WILL NOT BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Better you scare them by saying they will get reported for a motoring offence. The Police are more likely to take action if it is a parking or speeding offence, criminals, yobbos and other undeirables get a quid from the poor box.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
[ QUOTE ]
but you don't normally expect a waterborne attack

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad, but all part of the think the unthinkable world we now live in.

Must admit, I dont feel as safe down Kingston/Teddington way as I do further upriver. Had stones thrown at us below the Boaters last year.