There must be nest somewhere.

oldgit

Visit site
One of those little orange lifeboat thingies so very popular on the Thames has just crept fast my boat. (Before you ask. Essential Maintainace)
Must have been doing at least 5 knots.
Trouble was about 3 knots of ebb tide going in the other direction. Took about half an hour before the death rattle exhaust noise finally faded in to the distance.

Old Crusty

Visit site
One of those little orange lifeboat thingies so very popular on the Thames has just crept fast my boat. (Before you ask. Essential Maintainace)
Trouble was about 3 knots of ebb tide going in the other direction. Took about half an hour before the death rattle exhaust noise finally faded in to the distance.

Down here on the western end of the K&A, there are a few of those orange thingies but they rarely move never mind at 5 knots due, I suspect, to the interesting collection of pretty things on the top of the green algae-encrusted boat and the healthy growth of weed on the underside of the hull. Local thorn proof types refer to the occupants as 'soap dodgers' though I can't imagine what that means. :p

Flynnbarr

Visit site

Probably trundling up to one of those nice looking bankside moorings for sale on Apollo Duck :)

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Having been Teddington to Lechlade and back this year I don't recall seeing many of the ex rig type lifeboats at all. I think they are mostly on the cut. Yes there are one or two on the Thames but not many of them.

cherod

Visit site
3 here , run saftey courses for riggies , horrible noisey bloody things , kept in very good condition tho