Thefts From Boats Decreasing?

C

catalac08

Do I take the low number of threads recounting thefts to mean there has been a decrease this winter OR have people just become resigned to these losses as police may not be at all interested?
What happened to the "east european gang" who were filling containers a year with stuff a year or two ago?

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Do I take the low number of threads recounting thefts to mean there has been a decrease this winter OR have people just become resigned to these losses as police may not be at all interested?
What happened to the "east european gang" who were filling containers a year with stuff a year or two ago?

Yes an interesting point, just perhaps the 'gang' have retired or moved on to more lucrative pickings these days?
I had noticed a lack or fall off in reported boat crime locally, but then again the weather is not good, so perhaps thems waiting for boats to be fitted out for the season, more pickings.

Visit site
Might have been because of the winter. When summer comes, expect a higher boat crime. I had mine stolen last summer, never had the person who took it jailed. I guess the 'gang' runs big.

john-m

Visit site
There has been loads of trouble on the broads in the last month and a half, over 20 outboards stolen and boats broken into, including mine. Had a call from police yesterday to say nothing in the last fortnight but now trouble in Essex so maybe they have moved