The return

BigLes

Visit site
Tom - Everyone was happy - we had to put a reef in the headsail south of IoW as it was gusting up to 27 knots, and it became a bit rolly heading for the Nab, but none of the queesie feeling for he first half of the Friday trip out. We did surf down some of the waves approaching 9 knots! And I'm still on a high today!

Bedouin - It's nice to know we were about right for our size also. As you say it's a bit disheartening to see all the other (bigger) boats disappearing into the distance. I think our slower journey enabled us to enjoy the wind picking up early evening.

<hr width=100% size=1>

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
I thought I was the last to leave, but obviously not.
I got out of the W entrance at 08:30 BST and had a good sail when the wind backed to West but when it veered back to NW and picked up a bit more strength it made it hard work trying to hold course for Poole. I reefed down a notch but with the East setting tide I ended up making like a MoBo for the last hour and a half. I dropped anchor off Studland at 22:00 then took a leisurely trip up the river this morning.
Thanks to all for a great w/e with special mention to Jimi for Friday breakfast, BobE for an excess of generosity with his alcohol and Bedouin for the taxi ride back to the boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>
ladybug_zigzag_md_wht.gif

marklongstaff

Visit site
Wild honey touched the rocks to the starboard side of the PH marker between Inner and outer Rade and did some damage to one of their rudders - I believe the marina RIB helped them back to a berth then observer stood by while they assessed damge. Not sure if wild honey is back over this side yet?
Mark L.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Observer

Visit site
Yes - they're safely back here at 0300 this morning. Wild Honey lifted for inspection I believe but damage not serious. Understand they had a wild sail back last night in strong breezes.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://aflcharters.co.uk>Dream Dancer</A>

kidnapped

Visit site
Re: Rocket machine

Moored inside Twister Ken, negotiated a 07.00 start. Good as gold at precisely 07.00 they slipped their lines and we were free, why does this not happen in Cowes, Yarmouth, Anywhere???. Motored out of West Channel, when wind from West we had solid 7.25 >>8.5kts, topping out 9.25kts in 23kts, no reefs, not bad for a 'Najjer'. Bit too much for Baltic 42 following. Cracking sail much enjoyed by all crew.
Many thanks to all organisers, it was a great weekend!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Re: Rocket machine - elucidation

Just re-read this post and realise it might sound like I did it all which is bollx. Actually Dom did just about everything and he and the Minidoms would probably have got home faster if I hadn't kept grabbing the steering off 'George'.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.writeforweb.com/twister1>Let's Twist Again</A>