The Return Trip

CPD

Visit site
I am hoping to make the crossing in 3 weeks or so but must return to the UK for a couple of weeks before returning to the Azores to bring Pipedream back.

My original plans for coming back 2 handed have fallen through, and at the moment am looking at setting back solo from the Azores week commencing 14th July, destination UK, although may well head for North Cornwall before bringing her round to the east coast later in August.

Anyone fancy sailing in company on the return leg ?

Jake

N/A
www.jkcartoons.co.uk
Hi Alan

What sort of timings have you got in mind? My own - slightly vague (!) plan was to get to the Azores (an achievment in itself) and then fly back to the UK, returning later in the year to move Pod to the Med. I was also hoping to combine this delivery with the start of the Arc ( great ideas to be had from the fleet) but am unsure how wise sailing east that late in the year will be.

Any advice welcome.

There was talk of a return Jester from the Azores earlier in the Forum. It's certainly good to know that there are other boats out there keeping a listening - if not visual - watch. It's one of the reasons that the Arc is so popular, I suppose!

lumphammer

Visit site
Hi Alan,

My plans involve leaving the Azores for home around then, but probably from Horta. Still it is worth knowing who is going at the same time even if we just organise a VHF watch.

Richard