The Resurection

DanTribe

Visit site
Yes, the Llys Helig. I understand that the current owner has spent heaps of money getting her to a state where she can be towed to a repair yard and heaps more in red tape and beaucracy.
All credit to him.

Daydream believer

Visit site
It may have looked wonderful in its day, but repairs will be costly & ongoing. In the end I doubt that they will ever make it truly "finished".
I agree that many project boats do not get fully "completed", but can be sailed for years. They do not all get to the standard of Concerto's Fulmar. They do not need to, to be enjoyed.
But this one? :rolleyes:
There must be better projects that one could spend their money on. However, at least it floats,--- one assumes.
Would it not be better taken to a scrap yard before it turns into another white elephant & ends up a wreck & forms yet another eyesore along our coast somewhere.

PeterWright

Visit site
She already looks much prettier than she has done for decades since her current owner had all that additional top hamper of steel cut off, taking her backk closer to her original appearance.

It looks like the current owner has both determination and deep pockets, so there is a fair probability of success. However, since she rolled over and sank, my personal view has been that, if you want a boat like her, it would be both easier and cheaper to take the lines off her and have a replica welded up in new steel. Her owner obviously doesn't share my view or he sees some greater value in restoring the original - she's his boat and it's his money and he has already done Burnham a favour in righting her and making her float, so I wish him all the best of luck taking the project whichever way he wishes.

Peter.

Last edited:

Tomahawk

Visit site
She already looks much prettier than she has done for decades since her current owner had all that additional top hamper of steel cut off, taking her backk closer to her original appearance.

It looks like the curdent owned has both determination and deep pockets, so thede is a faid probability of success. However, since she rolled over and sank, my personal view has been that, if you want a boat like her, it would be both easier and cheaper to take the lines off her and have a replica welded up in new steel. Her owner obviously doesn't share my view or he sees some greater value in restoring the original - she's his boat and it's his money and he has already done Burnham a favour in righting her and making her float, so I wish him all the best of luck taking the project whichever way he wishes.

Peter.
Hear hear that man