The pleasure of keeping old stuff running

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
A boat pulled onto the finger next to me tonight sporting what I assume is a trailing log on the taff rail (I have never before seen one). The boat was brought alongside by the marina workboat having been brought to the marina by the Angle lifeboat (apparently a long story) seems to have a lot of old working kit but the impeller let him down ;)

dutyhog

Visit site
Our Stowe log is still going, too.
But so is the seldom-used 1998 Yamaha 2 two-stroke outboard. It started first pull yesterday, even though I’d left it on the pushpit bracket as last used in June 2019 without the usual draining fuel from the carburettor etc. It does sound a bit weak - I’ll get some fuel into it that’s a bit newer than the mix I put together in 2014!

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Our Stowe log is still going, too.
But so is the seldom-used 1998 Yamaha 2 two-stroke outboard. It started first pull yesterday, even though I’d left it on the pushpit bracket as last used in June 2019 without the usual draining fuel from the carburettor etc. It does sound a bit weak - I’ll get some fuel into it that’s a bit newer than the mix I put together in 2014!

In 2003 I bought a used Mariner 2.5 2-stroke through the For Sale forum.
To this day, it's give sterling service and has never let me down.
Long may it continue to do so. ?