The Old Forge, Knoydart

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Those who remember its glory days when the Robertsons ran the pub will probably be interested to know that there is a local campaign for community ownership now that the pub has been put on the market again. I hope that it will be successful!
The best news I've heard in 2021! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am planning a visit to Loch Nevis this year and would love to revisit The Old Forge.

ctva

Visit site
Son got his first paid job there.

ok, it was a pack of Rolos and can of Coke when he was 8 or 9 for laying the tables.
Great seafood back then ( 12yrs ago)

gus

www.whysuffer.co.uk
Only once I have been able to visit The Forge and all I saw of it was the porch inside the front door which was a relief from the midges. The place was so packed that I had to have my pint relayed from the bar. Maybe better luck the next time.

Quandary

Visit site
When we sailed with our dog in the days before the Belgian, it was the place where we could leave him outside to play with the locals, have a few pints and a nice meal and come out hours later to find him exhausted and happy on the beach. One of his favourite places, and mine too, looking forward to going back.
If they decide on crowdfunding, defininitely worth a tenner or two.

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
Those who remember its glory days when the Robertsons ran the pub will probably be interested to know that there is a local campaign for community ownership now that the pub has been put on the market again. I hope that it will be successful!

Home | The Old Forge CBS | Knoydart, Scotland and The Old Forge CBS

It seems The Old Forge reopened today!

Drinks only for the time being but meals planned for later in the month.

Unfortunately for us the email from the Forge only came in late this afternoon as we approached Tobermory, having left Rum in the morning.......

Home | The Old Forge CBS | Knoydart, Scotland and The Old Forge CBS

Zing

Visit site
It seems The Old Forge reopened today!

Drinks only for the time being but meals planned for later in the month.

Unfortunately for us the email from the Forge only came in late this afternoon as we approached Tobermory, having left Rum in the morning.......
Is that the best the community owners can do? It was better when in was private hands I think. Committee management, never a good idea.

steve yates

Visit site
No, it was shit in its previous incarnation. Its a pub, not a restaurant. Pubs need decent beer and a good atmosphere more than they need to serve meals. I first went there almost 40 years ago, it was great. The Belgians ideas on food were laudable, but his methods not, he ruined that pub.

ylop

Visit site
Is that the best the community owners can do? It was better when in was private hands I think. Committee management, never a good idea.
Which bit of that are you disappointed with? The fact it’s drinks only for the first month whilst they find their feet, train the staff, get paperwork approvals (the alternative would be to open 1/9/2023 instead) or the fact that the email came out at short notice? Possibly a tactical move so they wouldn’t get swamped with people on an opening weekend whilst debugging systems etc. Again, seems perfectly sensible.