The Med in Winter

Bouba

Visit site
What does lockdown in France actually mean now? Are you allowed to go to work? Are all pleasure boat movements totally banned?

Sad news from Nice this morning. Really terrible
Yes, this time you can go to work. Unfortunately I don’t work so I can’t go anywhere. As far as I know I can go shopping and one dog walk for one kilometre radius per day.
The actual details haven’t been released but it’s assumed that it’s the same as last time, so no boating

kashurst

Visit site
Who doesn't like a wake shot :D

sbtJBFh.gif

Getting cold now though. Had to go and have fish and chips for lunch (y)

Hooligan

Visit site
Some new arrivals in Torrevieja harbour for the winter.Mangusta 92 on Kamewa water jets - verrry nice

94sSTxH.jpg

I think its a Sunseeker Predator 82 - very Bond villain

and for something completely differe
Never seen so many lines..........at least no one is going to its starboard!!

kashurst

Visit site
Never seen so many lines..........at least no one is going to its starboard!!
There are about 8 lines on the bow! That spot is susceptible to waves coming in to the harbour from the south. Which fortunately is very rare but it does get a bit bouncy, so they have to tie them up really well over the winter.

kashurst

Visit site
I've never been but I believe Torrevieja is very popular with a certain class of Irish ex-pats
John Gilligan: Irish crime boss arrested in Spain during drug trafficking raid
Apparently the family also have a pub in that area called The Judge's Chamber.
Yes there have been a few "scallywags" in the area over the years. One drug dealing scrote disappeared about 10 years ago. Turned up a few years ago, dead, buried in a ditch about 50 miles inland. His obviously very upset mother, claimed he wouldn't have hurt a fly! The area where the Judges Chambers pub used to be, Playa Flamenca, has been sorted by the Police. It became notorious for trouble at the weekends and it got closed down.

Bouba

Visit site
Apparently its only until end Nov?
The first lockdown was supposed to be two weeks, it morphed into two months. We only just started our curfew and already it’s morphed into a full lockdown. I suspect that the government would really like this to end before Christmas, otherwise I think people will get peeved off if they miss their family Christmas

Irish Rover

Visit site
Yes there have been a few "scallywags" in the area over the years. One drug dealing scrote disappeared about 10 years ago. Turned up a few years ago, dead, buried in a ditch about 50 miles inland. His obviously very upset mother, claimed he wouldn't have hurt a fly! The area where the Judges Chambers pub used to be, Playa Flamenca, has been sorted by the Police. It became notorious for trouble at the weekends and it got closed down.
I prefer to call them scumbags rather than scallywags. Gilligan is the lowest form of scrote ever born.

vas

Visit site
The first lockdown was supposed to be two weeks, it morphed into two months. We only just started our curfew and already it’s morphed into a full lockdown. I suspect that the government would really like this to end before Christmas, otherwise I think people will get peeved off if they miss their family Christmas
yeah, ends at 15th Dec throughout EU and then on 15Jan (once everyone but PF back to work and off the various AU and CH chalets) we get another one till Easter vacations. Then two weeks later we get another one till July ready for summer. There's a pattern...

V.

MapisM

Visit site
Not doing much boating these days - aside from living on the thing, that is.
OTOH, yesterday we went for a walk and a swim which fit the thread title nicely, so I thought to revamp it.
Who cares about fuel burn, after all...? :cool:

Hurricane

Visit site
Not doing much boating these days - aside from living on the thing, that is.
OTOH, yesterday we went for a walk and a swim which fit the thread title nicely, so I thought to revamp it.
Who cares about fuel burn, after all...? :cool:

That brings back memories.
Looking out of a UK window today (its miserable), I wish we were out there with you.

MapisM

Visit site
Yup, there are some, albeit not many.
Best snorkeling spots are far from them anyhow, both when boating/anchoring, and also those reachable from inland.
If beaches are your thing, you surely have more of them along Liguria and SoF.
Though some of the Sardinian ones (in the main island, rather than in CF) are among the most stunning of the whole Med.
Like Piscinas, Cala Domestica, Porto Pino, Goloritzé, Tuaredda, Pelosa... Just to name a few. (y)