The Med in Winter

LBRodders

Visit site
This is what you need for proper med boating. Conditions on the Costa Blanca are getting tougher and more arduous by the day - yesterday I had to wear a jumper! This morning there were some actual waves.
So you need proper food- none of your salad nonsense- The full English with Richardsons sausage.

sioPkf8.jpg

Yes it was terrific :D
Love the diet coke combo! Should have been a John Smiths :ROFLMAO:

Bouba

Visit site
VAS! VAS! Do you see what he’s eating ?
This is what you need for proper med boating. Conditions on the Costa Blanca are getting tougher and more arduous by the day - yesterday I had to wear a jumper! This morning there were some actual waves.
So you need proper food- none of your salad nonsense- The full English with Richardsons sausage.

sioPkf8.jpg

Bouba

Visit site

sioPkf8.jpg

For some reason I had you down for a Special K type of guy

Bouba

Visit site
Loadsa dogs , they need to be on a lead ,not running loose , the whole island is some sort of nature reserve/ national park and most of the sea bed around ,Its a great dive place full of fish We have had no problems taking our dog shore .
One mini shop for essentials and 3 restaurants.
So I quoted you to the misses but she said that some friends of ours where ‘challenged’ by park rangers when they took their little dog to Port Cros

vas

Visit site
VAS! VAS! Do you see what he’s eating ?
:)
yes, but he only posted one pic once Bouba.
If I scroll back, it looks like you're only having burgers which is a double insult as burgers are bad to start with and further you live in a kind of food paradise and you insist on that burger crap :p
at least moving to salads (occasionally) is a good start.

I wouldn't suggest you go for what a nutter friend does. He's eating grapes only for the last three weeks. When I say only I mean it, grapes and water that's it!

V.

Bouba

Visit site
:)
yes, but he only posted one pic once Bouba.
If I scroll back, it looks like you're only having burgers which is a double insult as burgers are bad to start with and further you live in a kind of food paradise and you insist on that burger crap :p
at least moving to salads (occasionally) is a good start.

I wouldn't suggest you go for what a nutter friend does. He's eating grapes only for the last three weeks. When I say only I mean it, grapes and water that's it!

V.
Because me and the dog have been good today the wife said we could both go to MacDonalds

Bouba

Visit site
BigMac for the hound and McSalad for you??
How often do you think that me and the dog are good?
A triple bacon cheeseburger without the cheese, onions, sauce etc for the dog (and he doesn’t get the bun)
As for me? I’ll peruse the menu and see how I feel????

vas

Visit site
Because me and the dog have been good today the wife said we could both go to MacDonalds
sensible wife, so she's not coming along right?
btw, is she FR, if so she must really love you immensely to suffer like that at the dinner table o_O :p

Bouba

Visit site
sensible wife, so she's not coming along right?
btw, is she FR, if so she must really love you immensely to suffer like that at the dinner table o_O :p
No she’s not French ! But I do remember our first date and me not eating anything, the restauranteur came and asked if there was a problem with the food. The problem of course was not what I eat but how I eat???

Seejay

Visit site
I'm starting to plan my retirement and I'd like to spend a couple of years cruising the Med.

What is the weather like on the Med during winter? Are there other destinations I should be considering for the winter period?

For something different - Sicily ? Rarely below 15 degrees in winter, often much more in the sun, and I’ve been many times in December eating outside In a shirt at lunch. Today is 23 degrees (not there myself unfortunately!). Palermo or Marina di Ragusa (there are others) very reasonably priced ports and some excellent sailing waters.

Bouba

Visit site
The forecast for the next few days (after tomorrow) is perfect. Unfortunately lockdown has begun again. It’s depressing

Hooligan

Visit site
For something different - Sicily ? Rarely below 15 degrees in winter, often much more in the sun, and I’ve been many times in December eating outside In a shirt at lunch. Today is 23 degrees (not there myself unfortunately!). Palermo or Marina di Ragusa (there are others) very reasonably priced ports and some excellent sailing waters.
Totally second that. Sicily is excellent. Only issue is that the infrastructure even in the new ports like Marina di Ragusa is very suspect especially the power stability. This is due to a woeful lack of investment in power infra. Personally I would favour the north west end of Sicily or Syracusa. The former is very good for getting to the Egadis and Aeolians, the latter just stunning. The south coast is quite barren in terms of little places to get to ie I wind is wrong nowhere to go.

Hooligan

Visit site
The forecast for the next few days (after tomorrow) is perfect. Unfortunately lockdown has begun again. It’s depressing
Have a thought for the Welsh lot. their great leader is competing for how long he can lockdown his subjects........I would think next Summer there is a write off

D

Deleted User YDKXO

What does lockdown in France actually mean now? Are you allowed to go to work? Are all pleasure boat movements totally banned?

Sad news from Nice this morning. Really terrible

Bouba

Visit site
Yes I am ☹️ and feeling sorry for myself. I had just finished work on my passerelle and was planning a short cruise, some anchoring and then coming back to my winter berth which is at the bottom of my street. Instead we were given one days notice. So I had to prepare the boat as best I could and arrange for it to be taken out the water. This is on top of the millions of things that need doing before lockdown.
I love my winter boating, a good winter is every bit as enjoyable as summer

Other threads that may be of interest