The 'manuals for a Volvo KAD32' question...

wongaero

Visit site
The \'manuals for a Volvo KAD32\' question...

Hi all, This kind of topic must be frequent one but not doing well with the search/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Can anyone suggest where's the best, er, ok, cheapest place to get hold of workshop/service manuals for a Volvo KAD32 and for the DP outdrive leg?

The owner's manual is helpful for basic servicing but stops short of things like any favoured procedures for checking valve clearances, removing the leg to change the bellows, torque settings around the engine etc.

Has anyone bought one of the Volvo DIY books - worth using or just a pretty version of the owners manual??

alt

Visit site
Re: The \'manuals for a Volvo KAD32\' question...

PM me your e-mail address and i'll e-mail them to you tonight/tomorrow morning

wongaero

Visit site

Thanks guys,

mmm, the Instruction Book and the Owners Manual on the Volvo website are ( apart from being almost identical ??! ) the useful-but-basic documents that you get free - I think they want to do a wallet-extraction for any more details...

ChrisKaye

www.photobox.co.uk

I bought one for the AD31/41/KAD42, oddly enough, its currently for auction on a well known internet auction site that I am not allowed to make reference to....oops !
I think its good, it is a bit basic but for me it made the maintenance a lot simpler to understand, than all that techy stuff like valve lash etc...
It was worth the money for me as I can now do some of the simpler jobs, even got round to taking the cooling system apart, rodding it out, cleaning and putting it back together again..........and it still works. Whereas my first encounter with a "Marine Engineer" was that I needed 2 new oil coolers and 2 new exhaust elbows !!!

wongaero

Visit site

Yup, I'm following your thinking Chris and seeing what simple tasks I can achieve without resorting to hiring someone just because he's got The Secret Knowledge...

YachtKahlua

Visit site
I realise I'm quoting a 12 year old post, but I'd really appreciate if there was a chance you could email me the Kad 32 manuals also or point me in the direction where I can download/ purchase them.
Thanks a million!