The importance of having an anchor light

GHA

Visit site
What is exactly wrong with it? It seems that nearly everyone else but four of you on here plot like that.

And you teach!!! :rolleyes: So you wouldn't pull up a student logging data as ambiguous as that?

So what is it, decimal degrees or deg decimal minutes.

And you really think that's acceptable sloppiness for a country's military to be promulgating publicly ?

Hope we're all a long way away when any missiles go up, could land anywhere ....

You really should stop digging that big hole you're in any deeper. ;)
Just cos yer mates in the navy are making a fool of themselves.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
And you teach!!! :rolleyes: So you wouldn't pull up a student logging data as ambiguous as that?

So what is it, decimal degrees or deg decimal minutes.

And you really think that's acceptable sloppiness for a country's military to be promulgating publicly ?

Hope we're all a long way away when any missiles go up, could land anywhere ....

You really should stop digging that big hole you're in any deeper. ;)
Just cos yer mates in the navy are making a fool of themselves.
You really are wetting your pants with this....

Stemar

Visit site
Leaving aside the handbags at dawn discussions about the way to give a position, I'm still wondering if the bloke who decided this warranted a Notice to Mariners isn't a mate - or sworn enemy - of the owner of the boat in question.

I see the name isn't shown in the cancellation, though most of the other details of the original are. Have Words Been Had? We need to be told.

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Leaving aside the handbags at dawn discussions about the way to give a position, I'm still wondering if the bloke who decided this warranted a Notice to Mariners isn't a mate - or sworn enemy - of the owner of the boat in question.

I see the name isn't shown in the cancellation, though most of the other details of the original are. Have Words Been Had? We need to be told.

I don't read that as a cancellation, it just supersedes the first NTM

dom

Visit site
A bit like the grocer's apostrophe isn't it.

Indeed; or even the cook"s seasoning: a dash' here and a sprinkle" there .without` thinking too. much about it.

Until something goes wrong.

Hey, ho, that's where the taxpayer comes in!

D

Deleted member 36384

Well, if grocers and cooks can cause confusion lets not go down the decimal separator and number separator route; damn the French.

penberth3

Visit site
Apparently there is a standard for writing Lat and Long: ISO 6709 - Wikipedia

That's how I remember it from the year dot - apart from the three decimals of seconds which is getting silly.

I don't see decimal minutes in there. Have I missed it or is it non-preferred? I do prefer DMS myself. I would also write 095 Long rather than 95, keeping three digits to be consistent.

GHA

Visit site
That's how I remember it from the year dot - apart from the three decimals of seconds which is getting silly.
Sir Tom reckons on degrees , digital minutes. Don't most people use that these days?

The Complete Ocean Skipper
T7RF1mb.png

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
It has been superseded by the NTM in post #61

The substantive differences are the name of the boat is no longer given and an approximately location relative to a known landmark is included.