The Glenburn Hotel, Rothesay

Mataji

Visit site
I’d never eaten here before, the hotel used to be used mainly by Shearings coach parties. It is now under new ownership, has been refurbished somewhat and has excellent food. We only went because many places in Rothesay were closed but it was well worth the walk. On arrival we were asked if we wanted the restaurant or bar meals. Looked at menu for both and decided the bar menu was much better. We ate on the veranda with a fantastic view of Rothesay bay. Excellent service, good food and a wonderful old hotel.

scottie

Visit site
Remember going there withCCC after race dinner dances in the fifties
went ashore in the wooden dinghy at Port Banatyne Mother in dance frock and the old man had blazer and collar and tie
glad to here it’s back in action

fairboy

Visit site
We've been there last year. Tried both the restaurant and bar meals, and both were delicious. I will go back if I have the chance

Mataji

Visit site
Called again this year - closed down, permanently. What is happening to Scottish sailing? Both pubs in Port Bannatyne closed down. Even called at Kames hotel for lunch the other day and found the place closed until 5.00pm, they can’t get staff.

Frubpato!

Visit site
It’s open again , stayed there last October and booked in for this May , not sure about the restaurant but the bar snacks are definitely being served