The French do the Fastnet with no fuss

dunedin

Visit site
Also.... No fuss?

I don't think you'd call the Figaro no fuss if you were in France. The level of general interest and publicity surrounding this race far exceeds anything sailing in the UK.

Been in France at some of their key race venues, and yes they do get a lot of support.

But by “no fuss”, they just race 35 small boats round a race mark that happens to be the Fastnet, and a long way across some potentially wild oceans, as a matter of routine. And it’s just one leg of a bigger event. Done that, off again next week.

Birdseye

Visit site
Although it's obvious to most, this explains the British class system. Social class in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

In France you have the concept of bon chic bon genre but I haven't heard it much. The school system is almost entirely state provided, and that hasn't driven the class divide the UK has.
Nonsense. Wiki is written by anyone and cannot be taken seriously as a reference source. In any case, the wiki entry in the paragraph labelled contents makes it clear that there is no agreed defnition - how can you take seriously something that cannot be defined?

As for France, can you argue that the likes of Valerie Giscard D'Estaing do not show a class system, usually based on the Ecole Nationale d'administration.

Been my experience that people use "the british class system" as an excuse for their personal failure.