The F word

sailorman

Visit site
Somebody has to say it so it might as well be me, but it seems there's a lot of the East coast missing there, you are aware that there are places further North I hope ?. We also have some on here from further South too, but there's a lot of coast excluded there and there are quite a few sailors excluded too. Sorry and all that

we have Belgians & Dutch too :)

tillergirl

Visit site
The first issue is the low cost screen printed version has the other side as a mirror so ECF ends up backwards.
One way round this is to double side it, which essentially is two flags sewn together but these tend to droop and not fly well unless its blowing a hoolie.

I'll carry on the search........

Dick (Cantata) must have a source of manufacture - and he resolved the lettering issue by having it on both sides: http://www.eastcoastpilot.com/burgees.html. He is supposed to be around the Blackwater this weekend so I'll ask him his source.

tillergirl

Visit site
Somebody has to say it so it might as well be me, but it seems there's a lot of the East coast missing there, you are aware that there are places further North I hope ?. We also have some on here from further South too, but there's a lot of coast excluded there and there are quite a few sailors excluded too. Sorry and all that

Well you are right of course except I would argue, that even though we have not defined it (and probably never should in my view), that south of Dover is the south coast. Going further north was an issue of appearance and I reasoned that the majority of the Forumites are enjoying the waters south of Boston.

Just did a play - actually it looks better than I thought extending the coast up to the end of England:

Last edited:

Tradewinds

Visit site
Not sure why the image didn't display in the above:

ECF%20pennant%204.jpg

Still prefer my brown one. :D

IMO the " not to be used etc" should be moved further away from the pointy bit as this is the first part on the pennant to fray.

Preferred the original map of the 'East Coast' too.

Sixpence

Visit site
Sorry, Sixpence but I like the shorter coastline.

Charming, I'm sure those outside your 'shorter' coastline will feel more than welcome. Not quite the spirit in which this forum was intended, perhaps we should rename it the South East coast forum, all others unwelcome

Sixpence

Visit site
I'm with Tam Lin :encouragement:

You won't be surprised to hear that this attitude is why those outside that comfort zone don't bother coming in here anymore, as I found when I arranged a get together on here of members outside that area, as said, not quite the spirit in which this place was set up, but as they say up here in the wastelands, can't be arsed to bother, sailing is supposed to be a relaxing hobby so it's too much like hard work to bother with this place

Tam Lin

Visit site
Charming, I'm sure those outside your 'shorter' coastline will feel more than welcome. Not quite the spirit in which this forum was intended, perhaps we should rename it the South East coast forum, all others unwelcome

In the spirit of gentlemanly conduct for which this forum is renowned I would just like to say that although I like the aesthetic look of the shorter coastline better, I would be quite happy with the longer one if it made more people feel included.

Tradewinds

Visit site
You won't be surprised to hear that this attitude is why those outside that comfort zone don't bother coming in here anymore, as I found when I arranged a get together on here of members outside that area, as said, not quite the spirit in which this place was set up, but as they say up here in the wastelands, can't be arsed to bother, sailing is supposed to be a relaxing hobby so it's too much like hard work to bother with this place
Hardly an attitude - just a personal point of view.

As was the brown sea.

Lighten up.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
At end of day who uses a forum flag? Those with boats who meet up with other like minded soles. I would suggest that most of those are based loosely around the Thames Estuary so Kent, Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk.

My YBW Forum Flag has been passed on to Tabitha.

I won't be buying an ECF one if it happens as I don't have a boat now and if I did it would be in the Canaries!!

Last edited:

Sixpence

Visit site
I won't be buying an ECF one if it happens as I don't have a boat now and if I did it would be in the Canaries!!

I can but wish, Peter, it's looking highly likely that the next time Sixpence launches it'll be at Saltfleet Sailing Club so I won't need one either :encouragement:
http://www.saltfleethaven.co.uk/
I'll stick with the universally known mouse in a glass, it almost has a smile on its face too :cool:

Other threads that may be of interest