The Bell - Hampton/ Hampton Court (ish)

Time Out

Visit site
Hi

Being a local I SHOULD know this but I don’t.

Heading to The Bell in Hampton on Saturday and have never moored outside it (well across road) is it safe, legal etc ? It’s the area next to sailing club just up from Molesey lock on right ?

Any advice appreciated.

17 foot open day boat three hours max

Scapegoat

Visit site
Might be worth contacting Hamptons Ferry Boathouse (hamptonferryboathouse.co.uk) to ask if they have any visitors moorings/ other suggestions

Barge

Visit site
I have moored there.

It is a 24hour mooring for boats transiting the Thames or something like that the sign says. The island house owners moor their boats there and they like to keep it for themselves by tactical mooring. You should be okay with yours though as it is more to put off bigger boats staying. I once asked the ferry man what the deal was with them and he said i had more right to moor there than they had, which is where i remember the transiting thing from. For those thinking of stopping overnight the bells from the church ring all night...

Time Out

Visit site
Thanks all, weather looks pants (AGAIN!) but not used the boat for three weeks so heading out. Not eaten at the Bell for years either.

Will give it ago, the wife and kids will walk home back to Tedd nad I will take the boat back which will take an hour longer!

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
I thought it was the landing area for people with chalets on Garrick's Ait. Never considered it as a public mooring. You can moor the other side just below the island for a decade if you know the right people ;) but that bit does seem like somewhere to not moor. A dinghy maybe okay.

Just below there by the little temple they had some idiot problems for a while now cleared.

Interesting area down that end of the River. Best avoided.

Above Lechlade is SO much nicer !

Time Out

Visit site
That will upset the islanders!

I have used it a few times now, works well for picking up friends from Hampton saves them almost going past their house if we start at Tedd.

Barge

Visit site
I suspect the islanders did the moaning and will ignore it anyway.

Downstream of the Astoria is also 1 hour, and probably Garrick's Temple for reasons Mr Dinghy points out.