The b*****y weather gods ....

G

Well still stuck on Hayling .... waiting for reduction in weather ....

BUT I'm hoping that with BBC giving Thursday wind going down a touch ........ will probably make a run for Folly and get there before wind starts piping up again. At least with most winds being forecast as SW - W .... this gives a touch of shelter while beating from Cowes to Yarmouth on the Friday and Folly gives me the option of departure time.

Can we all "Pray" to whatever gods we follow for a break for the weekend.

KRG

Visit site
Yeah, I'm going ahead with plans for Friday, but will check first thing. With the wind in the W/SW and the spring ebb down the West Solent the trip from Chichester could be a bit wet and lumpy. I've just called HH to say I might be there Sat instead, ok as far as they're concerned. I'll still make the trip even if I have to wait until Sunday. Fingers crossed.

KREW2

Visit site
Much the same for me, I still don't know if my new genoa will be ready. Old one is torn to shreds. Even if it is I don't think doing St Albans head, and the Western Needles passage in 25/30 knots of wind with a spring tide is going to be pleasant. I also have to think about getting back on Sunday, but here's hoping.