The Alan Lewrie books

jordanbasset

Visit site
Just stumbled across this series of books by Dewey Lambdin. If I had to describe it I would say it was the illegitimate offspring of the Bawdy adventures of Tom Jones and the Jack Aubrey novels
There are 25 novels in all at the moment and if people are looking for some light reading these books are a real page turner for me.
The author is probably not quite as good as CS Forrester or Patrick O'brian, but if you are like me and have already devoured those naval fiction authors and many more, then Lambdin knows how to tell a good story.
Alan Lewrie Series by Dewey Lambdin

jordanbasset

Visit site
my apologies gentleman, its been a while since I read them, I meant Thomas Kydd ! by Julian Stockwin.(i knew the name had a piratical reference)
Also look for richard woodbridge seafaring novels, especially the drinkwater series, he's good too, as well as sean thomas russell and of course alexander kents bolitho series
Many thanks, think you meant Richard Woodman for the Drinkwater series

Sharky34

Visit site
Just stumbled across this series of books by Dewey Lambdin. If I had to describe it I would say it was the illegitimate offspring of the Bawdy adventures of Tom Jones and the Jack Aubrey novels
There are 25 novels in all at the moment and if people are looking for some light reading these books are a real page turner for me.
The author is probably not quite as good as CS Forrester or Patrick O'brian, but if you are like me and have already devoured those naval fiction authors and many more, then Lambdin knows how to tell a good story.
Alan Lewrie Series by Dewey Lambdin
Reading yet another at moment.
Seems to be an awful lot of cundums used by RamCat & his officers.