That's what you call dredging!

graham

Visit site
Barry docks entrance harbour is dredged every year about now. A ship size dredger comes in first and removes the mud . Then a small bed leveller comes In to knock the tops off any high spots found by the survey. Usually takes around 2 weeks unless bad weather holds them up.

PCUK

Visit site
South West &Taunton Council have agreed an additional £25,000 pounds to help meet their dredging obligations at Watchet outer harbour. So good news there, which will slightly slow the ever increasing mud hill in the marina.

RobF

Visit site
Managed to misguide our timing on return to Portishead and was 7 mins overdue on parking. That's £120, reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days. I haven't been back.

I appreciate parking at Portishead is a challenge, but that kind of enforcement could promote some very poor decision making and the Bristol Chanel is not a place for poor decision making.

Apologies for the slight thread drift.

Graham_Wright

www.mastaclimba.com
Any tips for anchoring in a decent spot? I hear if you get it wrong you'll be on your side all night.
Done that! Picked up one pilot buoy, couldn't reach the other. Was woken in the night by a milk bottle (yes bottle - glass!) sliding across the engine cover, followed by glug, glug, glug and wet legs. Boat was a bilge Keeler (Four 21) and I froze in my berth too petrified to move in case we fell flat. After very fitful sleep, woke to see a duck passing the window and she slowly righted. We were waiting for the Queen in Britannia to open Avonmouth Port.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
Done that! Picked up one pilot buoy, couldn't reach the other. Was woken in the night by a milk bottle (yes bottle - glass!) sliding across the engine cover, followed by glug, glug, glug and wet legs. Boat was a bilge Keeler (Four 21) and I froze in my berth too petrified to move in case we fell flat. After very fitful sleep, woke to see a duck passing the window and she slowly righted. We were waiting for the Queen in Britannia to open Avonmouth Port.
The may be reasons I dont ever return to Portishead in our new boat. The River Axe at Uphill is a different matter