That Flu Bug.

oldgit

Visit site
Everything down here is being cancelled.
Does anybody know if the EA will be withdrawing staff from locks.
Well aware that the little ones are SS.
But what about Allington and Teddington....any clues ?

oldgit

Visit site
All our coastal and offshore stuff has been cancelled today.
Suspect Dunkerque trip is doomed.
Going on a freshwater boatcation might be our only option but not if they shut the tidal locks.
Thames might see more of us Medwayites than it wants . :(

Wavey

Visit site
Went down to the boat yesterday at Haslar. Nice to see a few people around and the odd boat going in and out.

I’d posted on here recently that I was putting mine up for sale and downsizing. I’ve scrapped that idea now.

oldgit

Visit site
Why are you cancelling coastal ??? Understand across the water but surely coastal will still be OK :unsure::unsure:

We have now received notifications from the marinas we were going to visit/stay that all our previous bookings have been cancelled and they will not be accepting visitors until further notice.
Excepted for emergencies one assumes.
Dunkerque has definately now been cancelled.
We are checking the situation for our trip to Gravelines but suspect that will be almost certainly be cancelled.

TrueBlue

Visit site
I wonder if perhaps, "we" are being a tad overcautious inasmuchas boating inland or not, is a solitary pastime. On the wider ditches, there's no contact or passing the lockes at quarters close enough to transmit the bug (?) Even operating Thames locks can be acomplished using a pointed-stick and washing that in some disinfectant after use...

Newbroom

Visit site
We have now received notifications from the marinas we were going to visit/stay that all our previous bookings have been cancelled and they will not be accepting visitors until further notice.
Excepted for emergencies one assumes.
Dunkerque has definately now been cancelled.
We are checking the situation for our trip to Gravelines but suspect that will be almost certainly be cancelled.
Yes understand the abroad bit but I was wondering why coastal in this country was cancelled. New restrictions have kyboshed it anyway.

Big John

Visit site
I wonder if perhaps, "we" are being a tad overcautious inasmuchas boating inland or not, is a solitary pastime. On the wider ditches, there's no contact or passing the lockes at quarters close enough to transmit the bug (?) Even operating Thames locks can be acomplished using a pointed-stick and washing that in some disinfectant after use...

Will the EA be suppling paper towels and alcohol based spray to clean the controls on the pedestals? Or do we use our own every time we use the controls?

Old Crusty

Visit site
Will the EA be suppling paper towels and alcohol based spray to clean the controls on the pedestals? Or do we use our own every time we use the controls?

As you know only too well, the EA will do the minimum required and the maximum to avoid responsibility. Given that most boats carry industrial quantities of Navy gin, I think they'll be ok by just breathing on the pedestal buttons.

oldgit

Visit site
RCC is now shut down totally.
We do have a rota of folks walking the pontoons to check the boats and moorings and somebody collecting the post in order to pay bills and wages.
Next committee meeting is by interweb. Organising a refit of of bogs now to be ready as soon as this chaos passes. Passes the time.